Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Zen's Real-Life Academy Awards

Hola,

Ok, none of us actually watched the Oscars last sunday since there was actually something better to watch on TV: WAR.

So, perhaps we should make some Oscars (or should I call them Georgies?) of our own.

I shall start. Please add more

BEST ACTOR
    Jacques Chirac

For convincing the world that France actually has noble intentions

Nominee
    George W. Bush
    For convincing the American people that the US actually has noble intentions

(Chirac wins since the US is only 5% of the world's populaton)

BEST PRODUCER
    The United States

of nuclear weapons, conventional weapons, smart weapons, dumb pilots, yet asking the world to disarm...

BEST LIGHTING
    Baghdad last Friday

ILM pales in comparison

BEST MAKEUP
    The United States

for making a war of agression look like a war of liberation

BEST FOREIGN MOVIE
    CNN watched from an Israeli home

poetic justice

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
    Saddam Hussein

A lifetime of headaches

Disclaimer: this thread is not to be taken too seriously
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Re: Master Zen's Real-Life Academy Awards

Originally posted by Master Zen

Disclaimer: this thread is not to be taken seriously
    Although you really mean it
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Re: Re: Master Zen's Real-Life Academy Awards

Originally posted by Spectator

Although you really mean it
      well, I am slamming on both sides...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

If I was a wimp, I'd press that alert mod sign.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No need too... I see the spamming and may have to act
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Isn't the Off-Topic Forum precisely the place to do this kind of stuff?

Comment

good one Master Zen, and I am sure you could come up with a lot more too! I would have nominated Saddam for best acter though.
              Donate to the American Red Cross.
              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Yes... the OTF is the place for this, because if I find it in an on topic forum...

While some might say this is just another way to make a political statement, I would have to respond that it seems like EVERY thread these days is to make a political statement...

This could be funny... so for now... why not.

However, if it gets ugly... like usual, people will just get restricted and the thread will disappear
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's why I put the disclamer. There's been enough politics in every other thread.

Just add your own awards

you are right Jack,

nominee for Best Actor:
                  Saddam Hussein

One of the 3 most popular Arab leaders!?!?!? Damm, he's good.

Comment

Awwww, screw it!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This man makes his first thread in OT (Well, the first I notice) and uses his name in the thread title like he's a regular fixture already. I like that.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                        This man makes his first thread in OT (Well, the first I notice) and uses his name in the thread title like he's a regular fixture already. I like that.
                        Oh trust me... when major international incidents arise, I am drawn to the OT forum likes bees to honey..

Well, I did start the Ottok Fan Club... it was closed after one reply (didn't know clubs were prohibited)

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                          I've seen him around lately.......
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Everybody is an OTer at heart...
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Nominees for Best Second Role
                              Tony Blair
                              José Maria Aznar
                              Gerhard Schröder
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X