Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most intelligent Australians and Britons now support the war.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English speaking countries
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Support for the war got a bounce of about 5% from patriotic support for Australian troops in the field. That's about all that's changed. Not much really.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Q. Why wasn't Jesus born in Australia?

A. Because they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Seriously though - this is just a "war bulge" - of course the countries with men in the field are going to experience an increase in pro-war feeling. Many people don't like to be in opposition with their troops in the field. This is the only explanation since the Coalition has so far produced no new evidence or gained no spectacular victory to merit the rise in public support.

The problem for the coalition is if things go badly or if there are vast numbers of civilian casualties. Then I'd suggest that support will turn to - get our guys out of there.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Most intelligent Australians and Britons now support the war.

Originally posted by Lincoln
          I threw in the "intelligent" part for effect.

And I'm banning people for trolling, nationalist insults, provacations and general incivility.

Just so you (and everyone else) are aware, the trigger is faster than ever, and my criteria is that if I have to actually think about whether it's inside the line of acceptability, it's probably close enough that I may as well just act anyway.

This war is going to heat up, so are people's emotions, and I'm going to get harder assed and less reasonable than usual.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Its okay - we Aussies like Lincoln.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Under Democracy, War Weariness actually has a positive effect on happiness. However, it doesn't last long. You can expect some revolts in Australian size 12+ cities in the future, if the war lasts as much.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Re: Re: Most intelligent Australians and Britons now support the war.

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

And I'm banning people for trolling, nationalist insults, provacations and general incivility.
                Are New Zealanders still allowed to poke fun at Australians? It's our national pastime after all.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ming doesn't like NZ bashing but I'm not sure about Aussie bashing.

We have a high tolerance for insults so fire away as far as I'm concerned.

Since we won the Cricket World Cup and New Zealand didn't even make the final I think we're all in a mood to be tolerant of our little neighbour across the Tasman.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    Ming doesn't like NZ bashing but I'm not sure about Aussie bashing.
                    I didn't know Ming was a Kiwi.

We have a high tolerance for insults so fire away as far as I'm concerned.

Since we won the Cricket World Cup and New Zealand didn't even make the final I think we're all in a mood to be tolerant of our little neighbour across the Tasman.
                    Yeah - but I bet all your team were on drugs or bowled underarm again.

Grrrrr....

PS. Congrats on the win.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ta - I found it a bit dull at the end.

Comment

I didn't watch it as it wasn't on in Canada.

It's funny here - no one knows anything about cricket except the immigrants. I get the third degree every time I mention I'm from NZ as they are so desperate to talk about it. Not that I mind - well I mind because we've been cr*p since 92.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Edit: Never mind.
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Are you Aussies/Kiwis more concerned about Cricket, Rugby or Soccer ?
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

You did well in Australia last year.

Comment

But rabbits are defeating the Aussies on the home front!
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X