The rules of the OT during Gulf War II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rules of the OT during Gulf War II

This thread intends to syntethise the new rules that entered action because of the war in Iraq. I intend to make it a reliable source of true mod's rules, and not a location to discuss the behaviour of mods (I think it belongs to the community forum).

Until now, all the classic Forum Rules apply.

Also, new rules are :
    - It is forbidden to post pictures of dead people. There is some tolerance to direct links to these pictures, if there is an adequate disclaimer.

- It is forbidden to spam the topped News Thread. Only news and links can be given there.

- It is forbidden to gloat about the war casualties

- It is forbidden to create threads regarding those who have been banned.

- The tolerance towards insults, incivility and delibarate provokation has been lowered.

If I forgot anything, please add the rules I missed. Please no fantasy rules, I want this thread to be a convenient tool to those who want to abide by them.
    Last edited by Spiffor; March 24, 2003, 19:52.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

One sure as hell can't post a picture of a shaved cat.
    I know that much.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

this thread is probably against the rules as well oh the irony

Comment

I would like to add one.

Please cut back on the number of threads. I'm quite sure alot of people would agree with me on this one. It seems that for every sentence that someone wants to say, instead posting inside an existing thread, they create a new thread for every idea they have. Too much.

[B]Alot of threads that were worth continuing have dropped to pages 2,3,4... too quickly and less valuable threads have taken their place.

Cut back! Stop creating a thread for every sentence you want to state.

Stop spamming serious threads

More than once, I posted something serious only to have some bumbling fool respond with "Hello" or "Posting before Deletia".

If you want to post something that is worth posting, please do so, instead of ruining threads!!!!

------------------
        ~Dominik - Lord of the Putumayo~
        ~ Dominikos ~

Comment

-gloating about war casualties results in a banning for the duration of the war.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Dominikos :
            I only thought about laying down the rules made by the mods as time passes by. Even though I acknowledge it would be much better not to post threads every now and then, it isn't a mod's rule.

Boris :
            Edited. I didn't write the duration of the ban, because I think durations will be variable and at the mod's discretion.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

"- The tolerance towards insults and incivility has been lowered."

If that is going to be a rule, then their should also be less tolerance towards delibarate provokation.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                One sure as hell can't post a picture of a shaved cat.
                I know that much.
                A shaved cat? Man, I would have liked to see that......
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I believe that discussing who got banned and why was always a no-no that got a thread closed at a minimum--

Listing any new wartime rules however seems sensible-- If, like me, you are here sporadically it is possible to miss them
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                    "- The tolerance towards insults and incivility has been lowered."
                    But I like coming here to be insulted by the uncivilised.

I suppose as long as we are given fair warning it's OK. Perhaps the mods should start a sticky thread on what's not allowed as long as the war is on. My "banning" thread was supposed to be humorous rather than insubordinate; but it seems to have been taken for the latter. Posting pics of dead folks is obviously out of the question, but what about pictures of damaged buildings and the like? These have some worth in discussions of collateral damage and the effectiveness of "smart" weapons after all.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                      I believe that discussing who got banned and why was always a no-no that got a thread closed at a minimum--
                      That I didn't know.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I believe " who got banned " threads were seen as a glorification of the banned which might encourage the type of behavior that resulted in the banning
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                          If that is going to be a rule, then their should also be less tolerance towards delibarate provokation.
                          I think it has. I guess Tassadar got banned because of his deliberate provokation. First post edited.

Comment

I seen the shaved cat. That wasn't removed was it?

now where was that...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

I think it has. I guess Tassadar got banned because of his deliberate provokation. First post edited.
                              And I'm sorry for it

And why does everyone want to see a shaved cat?! Its a crime against Misty.......
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X