No announcement yet.

Please Explain: "Jews for Jesus" (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Utah is most definitely "Western" geographically...

But their accent resembles more closely what I've heard from Texans than what I heard in, say, New Mexico or some of the Midwestern states (Nebraska et al)
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I lived in Utah for 25 years. Some do have a twinge of a southern accent for some reason. Their heaven is divided into three kingdoms with good Mormons who are married in the temple on the top level. All of us peasants get to serve them for eternity. Oh what fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
        I lived in Utah for 25 years. Some do have a twinge of a southern accent for some reason. Their heaven is divided into three kingdoms with good Mormons who are married in the temple on the top level. All of us peasants get to serve them for eternity. Oh what fun...
        Don't forget that Mormons spent a lot of time in Missouri and picked up a lot of converts there (here to me!) before they were driven out. It's very likely they would have taken many with southern accents with them.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
        X