X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slovenian "Yes" to EU and NATO

For anyone who cares:

Over 90% voted in favour of joining EU!
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

I'm surprised that NATO got as much as a 60% yes vote, considering the circumstances.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Welcome to the European Union.

And good riddance to NATO.
      “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

incredible.

I wonder what kind of propaganda they've been fed with.
        CSPA

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

they're hopped on propaganda goofballs!
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

You should know that feeling
              19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Originally posted by el freako
                You should know that feeling
                the trick is to ride the high, and keep popping before you crash.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

They should have stayed out of NATO I think. EU, cool

Comment

It's great to see their support !

According to polls, the Poles would mostly vote against the EU in the upcoming referencum (source : hearsay)
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The more developed a country is, more likely it will be against both EU and NATO

And Slovenia is lightyears ahead of Poland, so I am pretty sure we are going to see even bigger support in the following referendums.

And prior to this war and everything, Slovenians were pretty anti-NATO. Sometimes 50/50 in monthly poll. But this war seems to have had a 'rally around the western flag' effect on them. That and the government played some tricks on them, connecting EU with NATO, scaring the citizens etc etc.

Ah well.

Comment

Stop bashing EU and NATO, people.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X