Help Promethus Get His RAID Drives To Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Promethus Get His RAID Drives To Work

I am building a new Puter and I cannot get the RAID drives up and running.

I keep receiving an Error 18 at line 2108 when I try ti install the RAID drivers from floppy using the WinXP setup floppies.

I have a ASUS A7V8X MoBo with SATA ports connected to 2 Maxtor ATA 133 drives at 7200 RPM with 8 MB cash.

The drives are connected via HighPoint RocketHead 100 SATA to EIDE adaptors.

The BIOS has no trouble configuring or "seeing" the drive array.

What gives>
    The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
    Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Try downloading the drivers from the website you may need to get the latest or maybe the file is bad.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted Striker

Been there done thar.
      The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.

Comment

Have you tried Google search yet?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"Error 18 at line 2108 RAID" brought up a few hits...

Comment

Ted Striker

All questions no answers on that search.

Comment

Test the drives on your regular IDE controller. See if they work. If they do, test just one with the RAID controller.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR
                This does not appear ro be a hardware issue, what I cannot do is load the drivers for the RAID controller so I can install an OS (i.e. WinXP).

Comment

Try the hardware first.

You might have a faulty RAID controller that could cause WinXP to go batty even more.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Though it does look like the program itself is messing up, try hardware first and then at the very least you can rule it out, and eliminate that factor from troubleshooting.

Comment

It's the cable!

Quite amazingly, faulty cables cause a significant number of computer troubles, even though it does not look like it this time.

Comment

UR
                        It's not the cable's (there are 2 one for each SATA drive. And they are new and came with the MoBo. The SATA BIOS "See's" the drives and has properly configured them.

Comment

I don't think they have tested individual cables before bundling them. Altough BIOS can see the drives, so it's not likely to be faulty cables.

Comment

I Got It To Work! Found a friendly folks @ http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/4170/

Computers - You got to talk there language, it's the only one they know.

But now WinXP says I can only format the drives using NTFS and one of the posts said that the Promise RAID drives for Win 2000 will only work with NTFS, anyone know if this is true fow WinXP also?

Comment

Working...
                            X