This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moslems in the military?

If this turns out to be an intentional act of a Moslem extremeist...

We must have hundreds of moslems in the services going about serving the country as any patriot. However it just takes one to cut off the head of the 101st Airborne, and kill many patriots...heartbreaking.

What other things might one man do? Sink a supercarrier? Set off a nuke?

Moslems have an extremeist wing that could make them very dangerous to their fellow soldiers, and too great a risk to serve imo.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%
    Banana
    0.00%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

The number of ways in which this is so wrong is just so, so high.........

Lets hope the thread dies quickly!
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Innocent until proven guilty, freedom of religion, equal treatment under the law...

These are fundamental things in the United States. Unless there is any evidence to suggest that a Muslim in the military might actually belong to a sect that considers terrorism and violence to be an acceptable action, I think that is bigoted thinking and behavior.

Yes, Muslims should be allowed in the military.
      Last edited by Lorizael; March 22, 2003, 23:27.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So what if this guy turns out to be moslem? I'm sure there are thousands of moslems serving the USA just as faithfully as the atheists and christians.

Comment

Well, I totally agree. The only people who should be in the military should be rich white protestant men.
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

wooohoo! Catholics are safe!

Comment

I'm surprised, Lancer, that you even posted this.

What this man allegedly did was criminal, and if he's found guilty, I think the firing squad awaits him. But that in no way means every Muslim serving in the U.S. military is suddenly suspect.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I hope he gets the firing squad.

But his actions have nothing to do with Muslims.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                  Well, I totally agree. The only people who should be in the military should be rich white protestant men.
                  Sounds more like the National Guard in the Vietnam era.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Derek, the guy was a moslem...respectfully, to say it has nothing to do with moslems is imo burying your head in the sand.

Here's a question for you, is there an extremeist moslem in a nuke missile armed sub? Don't know? Niether do I...

I'm not against moslems, I'm against getting nuked, or losing experienced, difficult to replace military personal in time of war for no reason other than religious extremeism, as we did today.

In the moslem community there are some who want to kill as many infidels as possible. That's me and you. All I'm saying is the military is the wrong place for a them...and you can't tell the killers from the majority who are ok.

Does it take a nuke going off on an army base to convince you folks? Remember the first plane that hit the towers... We didn't know we were at war until the second one hit. Well, do you know how many extremist moslems are serving in the military?

The only way to be sure is to seperate the moslems from the stuff that goes bang. Not in the military.

Comment

I hope he gets the firing squad too instead of the civil court treatment

Comment

That's kinda like rounding them up and putting them into camps Lancer.

That's what Nazis did to Jews.

That's what we did to Japanese.

That's wrong.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Sending them home to work in the family mom and pop store isn't "rounding them up and putting them in camps" Derek...

Comment

Ya but that's still singling them out.

Comment

Single them out becuase they are nutjobs, not because they are Muslim.

Comment

Working...
                              X