This Is Just Silly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Just Silly

So, I saw some news clip the other day of a mother explaining to her daughter that daddy was in Iraq "defending the Constitution."

Now come on. Defending the Constitution? Oh, this must be sorta like the people who claim that WW1, for example, or Korea, were about defending the United States. Do people seriously believe this, or are they just too hyped up on nationalism/patriotism to think?

And no, this thread isn't about bashing the current war. No, naturally I don't support it, but what I'm *****ing about here is the fact that people use patriotic slogans that have no bearing in truth and absolutely no accuracy. And even worse, they're teaching this stuff to children.

/
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Re: This Is Just Silly

David: It's peoples way of comforting themselves and their children.

Get over it.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Blood for Oil! Blood for Oil!
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

War is Bad! War is Bad!
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

War is terrorism! War is terrorism!

Comment

Iraq = Vietnam! Iraq = Vietnam!

Comment

Let the stupidity parade continue with some dumb pro-war mindless mantras:

Saddam = Hitler! Saddam = Hitler!

Comment

war is peace, freedom is slavery,... ahem ahem
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I can think of worse avatars to see repeatedly.

Comment

Re: This Is Just Silly

Originally posted by David Floyd
                    Do people seriously believe this, or are they just too hyped up on nationalism/patriotism to think?
                    A little of both.

If you where to believe everything that the US officials say, you'd think that Bush was the second coming of christ or something. Alot of people never doubt what an authority figure says, especially with so much jingoism in the air.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

We defend our way of life!

Comment

David: It's peoples way of comforting themselves and their children.
                        Maybe, but it basically perpetuates a bunch of lies, and encourages further such action in the future.
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

ok enough spammage. Anyway, my point is that debate = mindless mantras. Yes! Debate = Mindless Mantras. Debate = Mindless Mantras!

Comment

Alot of people never doubt what an authority figure says, and especially with so much jingoism in the air.
                            So, then, on the day when they were passing out Intelligence, where were these people? Maybe they got injected with the Dumbass gene by accident?

Comment

Re: Re: This Is Just Silly

Originally posted by Osweld

A little of both.

If you where to believe everything that the US officials say, you'd think that Bush was the second coming of christ or something. Alot of people never doubt what an authority figure says, and especially with so much jingoism in the air.
                              However, you do have to realize that a mother isnt about to tell her child "Daddy is going to fight a regieme and might die or be tortured so that the president can get his oil." Especially on TV...

Though I do believe she believes daddy is going to fight a good war. So what? At least it gives her comfort....
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X