No announcement yet.

A protest in Austin, Texas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which you responded to with an Iraq-Al Queda quip. If you were talking about people who want everyone dead, you'd simply say Al Queda doesn't want everyone dead, I'd assume.

In short, stop changing the subject .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What is the subject? That they both support certain organizations. So what? The Iraqis and Iranians both support anti-Kurdish groups, that doesn't make them in league with each other against the US.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

I am not pro-war, I am anti-Saddam.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

They don't have to be in league WITH each other. But, if they support the same group, then the end result ends up being almost the same. If Iraq and Iran support anti-Kurdish forces, in the end the anti-Kurdish forces are doubly strengthend because of both country's aid.

Do a progresion. Saddam suppors terrorist organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah, both of which have significant ties to Al-Queda (of some sort). And just because Hamas hasn't attacked Americans yet, it doesn't mean they won't in the future. After all, which country is the one that is supporting Israel most vociferously (no matter which party is in power)?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

the poor Iraqi people who the U.S. have brutalized are now tearing down Saddam posters and smacking him with the bottom of their shoe (apparantly a major sign of disrespect to them). The horrors the U.S. has inflicted!!

I should post pictures of the happy Iraqis to piss the anti-war people off. But I'm tired. I'll leave that to someone else.

Comment

They don't have to be in league WITH each other. But, if they support the same group, then the end result ends up being almost the same. If Iraq and Iran support anti-Kurdish forces, in the end the anti-Kurdish forces are doubly strengthend because of both country's aid.
              The end result is not the same. Iran is not assisting Iraq against the US in any way, shape, or form.

Regarding what Hamas may or may not do, that's pure speculation. There are good reasons to think that Hamas won't ever attack the US, given that that it's the ultimate power broker in the region and on the fate of the Palestinians.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
              X