Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propaganda

this is from the cnn 'iraqis surrendering to british'

note their casual, or shall i say, non-military outfit. are these pows really or just civilians?
    Attached Files

they didn't say "Iraqi soldiers", mind you.

But yes, I thought that was funny too.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

CNN seems to be reporting only what the Army tells them to report.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

They surrendered. You can't tell the players without a program.
        It's not like the Army is rousting civilians.

Propaganda is like this thread.
        Insinuating brutality, when the reverse is true.

Thanks for the lesson, LaRusso.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't see it insinuating brutality. They're not on the ground with a boot in the back, and they're not being stripped. It looks like a perfectly reasonable search for weapons.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

np slowwhand. i know that the notion of brutality and propaganda might be somewhat remote for americans...

Comment

Eli: and they say that our army is bad.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I bet the men had just come out of a bunker or somrthing what were they supposed to do
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

there is a pic of an iraqi soldier in the other thread.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

ok, they're being searched, not more. But claiming that this shows "surrendering Iraqis" is pathetic. It's civilians being perlustrated (does this word exist in English?).
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

but it's IRAQI civilians. and they're holding white flags, i.e. surrendering.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        but it's IRAQI civilians. and they're holding white flags, i.e. surrendering.
                        I don't see any white flags.

Why would you expect civilians to have to surrender? Unless the americans are waging war against the civilians too, of course.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Either they're soldiers that have changed into civilian clothes, or simply civilians that were inspected on the way...at least that's what I suppose (and hope).
                          DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

And you give up on the idea that the Iraqi military simply doesn't have enough uniforms and equipment to go around?

Comment

Well, I've seen plenty of coverage of an actual line of prisoners in uniform walking by with their hands on their heads. So Iraqui soldiers are surrendering too.

As an Iraqui source said recently, "Saddam is alive and no Iraqui soldiers have surrendered". Let's hope both statements are equally true.

Comment

Working...
                              X