Why Hasn't Iraq attacked Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hasn't Iraq attacked Israel

They did last time, I would have thought it would be their first move. Do they not have the missiles
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Iraq's command structure is very much a top-down affair.

Maybe the top is...down?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I wonder why terrorists haven't yet attacked the angloamericans myself.

Comment

The Al-Samoud II missiles won't reach Israel, and if they have any Scuds left, they might just use them for a "last salute" kind of affair, launching chemical or biological payloads at Israel when all seems lost...

Comment

the palestinians are in charge of doing that.

Comment

You ignorant slut! Dont you know iraq is a threat to everyone in the region! They will use these weapons eventually!

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

As I look at it, I think it's too late now. They should have done that long time ago. THey can't gain any momentum attacking Israel. Quite the opposite, they would just smash their heads against brick wall that hits back hard.

I don't understand their strategy now. Either it's non-existent, or they have it, they just haven't showed their cards yet, which would be wise thing to do, but then again we're not talking about strong military force so.. there just might not be one.

They should have attacked way earlier, but it seems like they have already been submitted mentally to fight in their own soil. That's a fight they can't win, and can't inflict enough damage to others so that the war might stop. I'm waiting for the same thing like the rest of us, Saddam letting those chem and bio weapons loose when he sees his moment has come. Naturally I hope it isn't so.

I don't know, I'm not a master strategist myself, but Saddam had lots of options fighting this war, but he hasn't used any of the opportunities as of yet.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I hope he doesn't but i would guess his best chance is to get the other arabs on side and the best way of doing that would be to hurt Israel to such an extent they go nuts and flatten somewhere in Iraq
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

baghdad has over 4 million inhabitants. the only viable tactics are to draw americans into a bloody city battle and expect the infamous arab street to actually do someting.

Comment

Somalia style.

Comment

They did last time, I would have thought it would be their first move. Do they not have the missiles
                      I am rather certain that they do, but in rather limited numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if they do launch them some time soon.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I heard the israeli army has adviced israeli internet users not to reviele "senbsitive information"
                        so im counting on you Azazel to keep that up

Comment

They probably don't have any scuds nowadays. The reports about scud attacks against Quwait was probably some other missile confused for scud by some reporter without the proper knowledge or information.

Dragging Israel into it all could be a really good PR stunt my Mr. Hussein as it would give him some more arabic support. A Israel at war makes them see red no matter what. However, as Pekka just pointed out it's quite to late for that to have any real significant effect on the development.

Comment

They probably don't have any scuds nowadays
                            I am quite certain of the opposite. I saw satellite pics of erector-launchers.

Paiktis:
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Iraqi strategy is to defend. Their only chance is to inflict a substantial amount of causalties on the US troops by street fighting.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X