• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's Speech on the opening of the war

what did you think?
    somber and to the point was my thoughts

Generic Bush:

it still irks me that the whole: terrorist with WMD continues to be the angle the pres decides to sell.

Now, will he give a speech once the war is doen and the occupation begins? My guess, no.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
      Generic Bush:

it still irks me that the whole: terrorist with WMD continues to be the angle the pres decides to sell.

Now, will he give a speech once the war is doen and the occupation begins? My guess, no.
      Not WMD......WMM.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Why not RRBMW? you know, for Really Really Bad Murderous Weapons?

Too long?. WMD is fine, or will someone tell Bush we have weapons of Mass Murder as well?

Comment

the scariest thing about the speech to me was when Bush said we'd rapidly bring the troops home, I hope that doesn't mean we aren't going to occupy/rebuild Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            Too long?
            No.

RRRRRRRRRRBWoMDtKPuMMD

Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Bad Weapons of Mass Destruction that Kill People using Mass Murderous Devices.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
              Bush said we'd rapidly bring the troops home
              Even I think Bush isn't a ****** enough to do such a thing.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Via my local tv channel here in the Netherlands, I was able to see Bush in the few minutes before his speech (so when he was preparing for it).
                He was laughing a bit (a bit naughty laughing even!) and had his hair combed and all..
                Quite a desillusion I must say, I'll watch Bush very differently from now on, more as a normal human being than as the president of the United States.
                Alea iacta est

Comment

Too many really Tass, just too many.

Korn: I don't think the White House wants to ever specualte how long the occupation will last, since thy have neevr actually given an answer or given estimates of cost. The comment is in line with previous Rummy and Wolfy ones.

Comment

Damn it man! Seeing that would have been great! But of course, to show the president of the Us laughing before making such a speech.... you will never see that in American TV.

Comment

Well I guess what I saw will go around the world tomorrow. It was really unique! Or do you think it will be censored in the U.S.?
                      Alea iacta est

Comment

Bush said we'd rapidly bring the troops home

Yes.... after we're done he said... that might take a while .

Or do you think it will be censored in the U.S.?

I don't think it'll be censored, I just think the news channels won't think it is news (it really isn't when you think about it).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes.... after we're done he said... that might take a while
                          i hope so, now that we're doing it, I just hope we do it right

Comment

Unfortunately, we don't have a very good history in the ME, and no credibility on the street. We'd better do a damn good job of changing that quickly.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

One thing that gets me about what the pentagon is saying: they keep calling this a new type of war, one in which air and land attacks happen simultanously. Isn't that the sort of actions taken in WW2? What's new about launching all you got at the start?

Comment

Working...
                              X