X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adsl!!!!!

I've got ADSL, I've got ADSL.

urgh.NSFW

A breath of fresh air, isn't it? We had it installed at home a couple of weeks ago.

Pity I'm at uni 5 days a week.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

yeah, well, Uni's got optic cable connection, so woooohooooo!

Definetly, internet like a breeze.

The connection speed is 750kbitps. Whats yours?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

3 mb/s
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

ADSL is cool.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

512kbps.

And the house I stay in at uni doesn't have an optic cable connection; we do, however, possess copper wire technology, allowing blistering speeds of 56kbps .
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

who would ever use more than 28.8kbps?
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

3 mb/s
                Tosser.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

And the house I stay in at uni doesn't have an optic cable connection; we do, however, possess copper wire technology, allowing blistering speeds of 56kbps
                  hehe. It seems that you're not living in the dorms.

Besides, ADSL goes over regular phone lines.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

True. The dorms do have cable connections which are ridiculously fast, but I moved out of there after the first semester because, frankly, I hated living there.

The net connection was the only thing I missed.

Comment

me too, last week
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

My broadband connection at home is only 128kps, but it's more than enough to surf the forums and download a few mp3's.

A much faster one would be nice, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't enough to justify it yet.
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

howm much does it cost?

ADSL sums up for around 80 USD here, per month, both ISP, and telephone
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

80 $ ?

Got ADSL last week, too, and I consider the 40 € expensive...
                            “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

I think our 128kps is around £20 a month, but the cost is a little blurred since it is part of the combined phone/DigitalTV/internet package we get.
                              Last edited by FrustratedPoet; March 19, 2003, 10:40.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X