War on Immigrants Escalates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramo
    Yep, every Moslem is a terrorist. They don't deserve freedom.
    Are you incapable of thinking of people as individuals?
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Laughable comparison. Maybe you need to watch those towers coming down a few more times.
      Even our president said this is not the work of the Muslim people. Let me ask you a question... do you think the internment of the Japanese was correct?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why is it so hard to believe that so many people want to see every american dead?

No one believes it.

I do not want to stop muslims from coming into this country of course. They have every right to come here as anyone else. All I ask is a simple background check. If it would make people happy, then we can do background checks on all people seeking asylum not just muslims.

Comment

Are you incapable of thinking of people as individuals?
          This law detains without due process up EVERY asylum seeker from these countries. Are you incapable fo thinking?
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

due process?

are they U.S. citizens?

What about those folks in Gitmo? They are being more vicitimized than these people. Those poor souls have no legal representation. They may be stuck there forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              Why is it so hard to believe that so many people want to see every american dead?

No one believes it.

I do not want to stop muslims from coming into this country of course. They have every right to come here as anyone else. All I ask is a simple background check. If it would make people happy, then we can do background checks on all people seeking asylum not just muslims.
              I agree 100%. And instead of wasting 100 billion in tax cuts for the rich, we should use some, if not all of that money to create an efficient, immigration agency to act as a universal port of entry as in the past (a la Ellis island). Unless of course, you think that the security of the nation should take a backseat to "economic stimulus".
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The danger of terrorism is definitely higher among muslims, you can't deny it.

Here's an article written by someone who attended a closed-door meeting of a muslim student association at a university near me:

Comment

The applications take months to years to process. Would you be willing to sit in a prison for absolutely no reason for years?

What ever happened to due process? Innocent before proven guilty? Are those traitorous concepts now?
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Even our president said this is not the work of the Muslim people. Let me ask you a question... do you think the internment of the Japanese was correct?
                    For your information, they were not interned, they were free to leave, as long as they stayed out of the exclusion zone on the west coast. Don't go believing popular myths my friend.

Comment

This law detains without due process up EVERY asylum seeker from these countries.
                      The group of people that are seeking asylum from those countries have a much higher probability of being terrorists, so I don't have a problem with them being detained. If they want to escape their country so badly they should go to the nearest safe haven. Why do they want to come to the US?

Comment

The applications take months to years to process. Would you be willing to sit in a prison for absolutely no reason for years?
                        No, and if I were a Moslem seeking asylum I would probably try for another country. If you don't want to deal with our rules for immigration, don't come here.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Ramo, If you put this to a vote of the American people, I can bet how the vote would come out.

I believe the average American is really concerned about terrorism.

I wonder what Tom Daschle says about this?
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                            Maybe you need to watch those towers coming down a few more times.
                            Hmm, maybe violence on film does traumatize viewers and render them incapable of sound judgement. Making such footage available is truly reprehensible.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The group of people that are seeking asylum from those countries have a much higher probability of being terrorists, so I don't have a problem with them being detained.
                              In other words, you're a racist who doesn't care about freedom of Moslems. No need to explain.

If they want to escape their country so badly they should go to the nearest safe haven. Why do they want to come to the US?
                              Probably because they believed America would be a land of liberty and opportunity for them. Of course, they were misinformed.

No, and if I were a Moslem seeking asylum I would probably try for another country. If you don't want to deal with our rules for immigration, don't come here.
                              Ah, so it's their fault? What a bunch of loaded doublespeak...

Ramo, If you put this to a vote of the American people, I can bet how the vote would come out.
                              I believe the average American is really concerned about terrorism.
                              I wonder what Tom Daschle says about this?
                              How is this relevant?
                              -Bokonon

Comment

In other words, you're a racist who doesn't care about freedom of Moslems. No need to explain.
                                Explaining anything to you is fruitless anyway. This has nothing to do with race, but of course you can't let your favorite insult go unused, can you?

Comment

Working...
                                X