Concerned about the future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about the future...

Today, I was involved in a discussion with someone about Iraq. This person then asserted, "The US put Hitler in to power and we needed a war to get rid of him too." My jaw hit the floor. This person was dead serious. And what scares me, is that this person was the product of a good private-school and currently goes to Purdue. This conversation deeply concerned me about the future of this nation... because if somebody from that kind of background believes such nonsense, what hope is there from the rest of the country?

Anybody else recently have encounters with severe mental-retardation like this?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

*holds tongue
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Concerned about the future...

Originally posted by Sava
      Today, I was involved in a discussion with someone about Iraq. This person then asserted, "The US put Hitler in to power and we needed a war to get rid of him too." My jaw hit the floor. This person was dead serious. And what scares me, is that this person was the product of a good private-school and currently goes to Purdue. This conversation deeply concerned me about the future of this nation... because if somebody from that kind of background believes such nonsense, what hope is there from the rest of the country?

Did he explain it in any way?

Or were you both in monosyllable mode by then?
      |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
      | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

don't most left-wingers believe that

Comment

Most educated people have enough sense not to compare Saddam with Hitler, normally.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

What I found interesting is he thinks that America is responsible for propping up every evil dictator including Hitler.

That is what struck me.

Comment

Everytime I visit Apolyton.

Comment

everytime I go to an anti-war rally

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  What I found interesting is he thinks that America is responsible for propping up every evil dictator including Hitler.

That is what struck me.
                  Erm, right, I actually didn't imagine someone culd even think that. In all my years of antiamericanism, I've never heard such a stupidity. I think these are the ramblings of a loonie, and Sava shouldn't worry about it except if he's a close friends or if several people begin to think so.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't see how he is wrong here.

Ford, GM, Curtis-Wright, etc. supported Hitler before and after he came to power. Ford, especially, had a big hand in bankrolling Hitler's party as early as the 20s and provided him with campaign funds during the early 30s.

This was of course mostly all business, but nevertheless.

EDIT: BTW, whoever asserts that Stalin brought Hitler into power, I urge you to please buy a clue. Thank you.

EDIT 2: For those who are interested, I'll respond to the "Was Stalin really evil?" thread when I have the time. Sorry for threadjacking.

Goodbye.

Comment

@ Dissident.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        everytime I go to an anti-war rally
                        I thought it's every time you turn on Rush Limbaugh?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes, everytime I listen to Rush Limbaugh and he takes a call from a lib.

"War is, like, bad!"

Comment

SPAMFIGHT!!!
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Only here at Apolyton...

Comment

Working...
                              X