Bush Speech Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Speech Thread

I've just deleted the typical troll threads that Bush's speech generated. And I will continue to do so.

If you want to "discuss" the issues... fine... If you want to troll... be prepared to be restricted.

As far as the speech goes, it went pretty much as you would have expected. Nothing new... just stating what everybody already knows.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

As posted in the other thread:

"I wonder what would happen if Saddam did leave office after all."

My roomate thinks it would cause more trouble for the US than if he did the obvious.

Comment

It looked to me like Bush bypassed Saddam entirely and gave the ultimatum to the military: "it is too late for Saddam Hussein; it is not too late for the Iraqi military"
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
        It looked to me like Bush bypassed Saddam entirely and gave the ultimatum to the military: "it is too late for Saddam Hussein; it is not too late for the Iraqi military"
        Well, obviously they're going to go in, so you might as well try to get them to surrender...

Comment

Good speech, not that we have heard most of this before.

I'd say it is 50-50 that Saddam flees.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Oh dear, merging would be better.

So from my point of view he prety much set up date to attack. Something about 48 hours or so... And as I said I'll get him for that. (I will have some web about Iraq and I have so little time. )

Comment

The question is, do we move in if Saddam leaves? I say yes.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

That would certainly put the US in a pickle...

Comment

I'd love to see Saddam leave just to prove that we'd go to war anyway.
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

he said exactly what i thought he should say. he also pointed out that Iraqi soldiers don't have to die supporting a dying regime.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

With or without his sons?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'd love to see Saddam leave just to prove that we wouldn't go to war anyway.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

As I am "Officially-A-Troll"..I will give my official response:

I totally agree with our Leader President Bush. For years people have asked our intervention in their so called needs. Now we have the need to protect not only our country, but the rights of the citizens of Iraq asgainst a terrorist regime. I know many folks dont care for the U S or its aggressive attitude, but we need to take an aggressive stance against an aggressive and cowardly dictator in Saddam Hussein.

I am extremely dissapointed in France, understandably they have not the stomach for War, they havent won many and we, not many years ago, sent forces to help them, WW1, WW2 as well as Vietnam. I say stand up USA and do what others are not able to.

Our prayers are with our Militray Forces. Our Prayers are with The people of Iraq.

There is a peace that is only found on the other side of conflict. A price must be paid.

Thank you President Bush for your guideance and fortitude to do what other countries lack, the stomach to unseat a dictator that both terrorizes and supports other terrorists activities.

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm not sure we would... If Saddam and his sons leave, and a new government takes over that his not just his cronies... Bush could look brilliant by saying... IT WORKED. And then make fun of the rest of the world saying their approach didn't work, and his did... without firing a shot.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

nm. Don't do that!
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X