X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli soldiers get hurried calls

Anti-aircraft forces were called.

So were many other forces.

We are now being told to buy defences and create protective spaces in our homes.

I hope you guys will be allright and that Saddam won't pull that stupid stunts like he did last time
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

I had heard that they moved scud missiles west to possibly attack Israel. I'm not sure if that is true. I certainly hope not.

Comment

Only AA and Homefront Command, so it's not surprising.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          I had heard that they moved scud missiles west to possibly attack Israel. I'm not sure if that is true. I certainly hope not.
          Fox News says it's true, Israeli Intelligence says it's not.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

hmm which one should I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

Fox News says it's true, Israeli Intelligence says it's not.
              Damn... though choice. Must be true then
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Good luck guys.
                What?

Comment

didn't you guys recently put up an "arrow" or "arrowhead" or something anti-missle system? i remember poking fun at it not too long ago
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yeah.

It's supposed to be unique.

Instead of intercepting the projectory, the Arrow actually follows the missile being intercepted and flies "next to it" (as say, police car chasing an escaping vehicle would drive on it's left side) , and from there it behaves like a turret, shooting at it different amunitions.

Comment

and from there it behaves like a turret, shooting at it different amunitions.

I think it just blows up when it's close enough to the target.

Comment

I guess we shall find out how this whole thing turns out in the next 1 1/2 days ... I really do hope that chemical and biological weapons are *not* involved.

BTW, the proposed headline I have at my paper (if I'm assigned to 1A the day/night of the attack) is: "U.S. FORCES INVADE IRAQ" For better or worse, we will be *invading* another nation.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

What about "WAR! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!".

Comment

Instead of intercepting the projectory, the Arrow actually follows the missile being intercepted and flies "next to it" (as say, police car chasing an escaping vehicle would drive on it's left side) ,
                            Hm, Im no expert, but wouldnt it be possibel to just build a real fast missile, which is same speed as the fastest missiles used to intercept them. Thus it cant be overtaken (since it flys same speed as fastest missile avaibel)?
                            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Actually, I am by FAR more worried about that flue that has "Successfully reached our welcoming shores".

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X