Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have Word 97 on any of their computers? OR help monkspider find his Grail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have Word 97 on any of their computers? OR help monkspider find his Grail

If you do, you could possibly help me find my absolute holy grail of downloads. I first used MS word in a Journalism class back in high school, I noticed the annoying paper clip in the corner, and quickly worked to try to change it. After cycling through a few rather uneventful "office assistants" as they're called, I saw one that I would never forget. It's name?

Super Pup.

It was essentially a loveable pup flying through the air with a superman-style cape. I remember thinking to myself, "I am going to have this on MY computer when I am older". Unfortunately the software at school required the CD-Rom to actually use Super Pup, so I never got to see him in action and had to use the boring paper clip for the rest of the year.

A few years later I got Word 2001 with my computer, and to my absolute horror, Super Pup was not included as one of the selectable office assistants! There was an inferior "pup" of some sort, but he lacked both the charm and the dash and daring of his super hero predecessor. I hit up the internet to try to find a download, but to no avail.

There's rarely a month that goes by that doesn't involve my hitting the search engines or file sharing networks, or various windows update type sites to see if I can find the elusive pup, thus far all my efforts have been for naught. It is truly remarkable to think that an office assistant of all things has become somewhat of a thing of obsession for me.

I now come to you, Apolyton, the home of such great minds, to try to isolate the file which contains the legendary superpup, and either upload it or send it to me (details can be had via PM). If anyone here has Word 97, and if they could try to extract the Super Pup file, I would swear a life debt to that person and offer them my most sincere blessings.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

I recall it being called Power Pup.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I searched high and low for a Office 97 CD, but all I found were a few Office XP CDs.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

powerpup, by jove you're right!
        This is a breakthrough! Let me google for a powerpup download!

Aha!! I almost immediately found one! Now, do you happen to know how to install new office assistants on Word 2000 Ashie?

Comment

I have no idea, Office Assistants are the first thing I turn off on a new Office installation.

The only reason I remember the name is because my parents used them, my dad would keep changing it to Power Pup and my mom to the papery-cat thing...

Comment

I hate the ****ing paper clip, and all of its incarnations.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

argh it would seem that word 2000 might just use a different office assistant format than 97, so close, yet so far.

Comment

monkie, you still use that annoying Office Assistant? You will have to be re-educated.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A typical conversation with the Office assistant:

"How may I help you?"

"By telling me how to f**king turn you off".

"Do you want to: Cut and paste text? Insert a picture into your document? Make a paper aeroplane?"

"You have hidden me several times now. Do you want to turn me off?"
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Comment

Í think i´ve got Word97 soemwhere, but it is the German version....
                      Blah

Comment

Working...
                      X