Iran and Syria in secret conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran and Syria in secret conference

I've just read that the Syrian President, Bashar al-Assad has unexpectedly landed in Tehran and since then is in a closed-doors meeting with the Iranian government.

What issues are they going over?
    Probably:

Possible scenarios and outcomes of war.
    Effects of war on ME power balance.
    What to do with Hezballah regarding Israel (Hezballah again began firing anti-aircraft and anti-tank shells on Israeli cities).

And possibly how to use Hezballah against the US (Hezballah promised to avenge the war against american interests)
    (Saddam said the same)

Piss-poor secret meeting, if you know of it, Siro.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Israeli intelligence is rather good.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

DAMNIT, SLOW BEAT ME TO IT!
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I guess that don't want anyone to know about it because they really are the Axis of Evil
          "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
          "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
          "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

They are terrified of Democracy in the Middle East.A successful democracy in Iraq will have a domino effect on its neighbors,espically if Iraq comes out prospering and advancing as a people.It will show the rest of the Islamic countrys how to throw off ruling parties,Royal Familys and dictatorships.
              They(Syria & Iran) know the MiddleEast is set to implode upon itself very soon and are weighing the possibilities of convincing the US & British of a joint transition effort without exporting democracy to Iraq's neighbors.Otherwise they will be on the outside of influence in the ME.
              Next to battle lost,misery is a battle gained.
              --Duke of Wellington(after Waterloo)

Comment

And possibly how to use Hezballah against the US (Hezballah promised to avenge the war against american interests)
                (Saddam said the same)

Some such news network did an interview with the founder/leader of Hezbollah, and he was back tracking about his US comments. Seemed a bit scared about being called on those statements on an American network.
                "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Originally posted by Brtndr4u
                  They are terrified of Democracy in the Middle East.A successful democracy in Iraq will have a domino effect on its neighbors,espically if Iraq comes out prospering and advancing as a people.It will show the rest of the Islamic countrys how to throw off ruling parties,Royal Familys and dictatorships.
                  They(Syria & Iran) know the MiddleEast is set to implode upon itself very soon and are weighing the possibilities of convincing the US & British of a joint transition effort without exporting democracy to Iraq's neighbors.Otherwise they will be on the outside of influence in the ME.
                  You're right on target there! If I were the Syrians, I wouldn't worry too much about anything the Iranian govt. had to say, they're gonna be the first out of there. The Iranian people have turned into major democrats over the last 20 years. They've had enough of Clerical repression. Given a choice between Sharia and freedom, people choose freedom everytime.

Also, look at the language of Iranian dissent, it's always counched interms of democracy. If you're looking for democratic ripe fruit in the Middle East, Iran is it.

The problem in the middle east is oil. All you have to do is pump it out of the ground, you don't have to tap the resources of your people, educate them and prepare them for the 21st century. Drill a well and you're rich. Look at countries without these resources, Japan for instance, they tapped their people to bring them into the new century.

Comment

Iraq wont become a Demcracy, even though Iraqis will continue to have more freedoms than other Arabs. There certainly wont be a domino effect, because there is too much anti-US sentiment in the ME.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                      Iraq wont become a Demcracy, even though Iraqis will continue to have more freedoms than other Arabs. There certainly wont be a domino effect, because there is too much anti-US sentiment in the ME.
                      Why do you say that Iraq will not become a democracy?
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Because of all the ethnic conflict. Picture the US before the Civil Rights Movement except the minorities are more violent.

Comment

Democracy isn't simply people getting the right to vote. Democracy is the government caring for the people, doing things for them. Voting is simply a tool designed to get the government to listen to the people. If, voting notwithstanding, the government fails to listen, it's not really democracy.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

And voting can be a tool for policies that are hostile towards minority groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Brtndr4u
                              I remember the same thing being said about communism and Vietnam...

Comment

Working...
                              X