No announcement yet.

NCAA Basketball - 65 Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the pool is pretty much trashed (my entry being about the most trashed ) maybe its time to move on to other important college basketball topics.

UCLA and UNC, two of the top programs in the country, now have coaching vacancies. If you're the AD at either school, who would you hire? Mark Few (Gonzaga) and Tom Crean (Marquette) are two of the obvious candidates, but would they be able to handle programs (and expectations) of this stature?
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

• Other Possible Candidates

UCLA:

I would make sure to put Mark Few at the top of my list. He knows the West Coast and gets the most out of his players, a problem with UCLA recently.

Rick Majerus (Utah): great coach, but I'm not sure he fits with the LA image.
      Mike Montgomery (Stanford): violates the unwritten rule against hiring a coach from your own conference
      Kelvin Sampson (Oklahoma): Graduates about zero percent of his players; that's a big image hit down the road
      Bill Self (Illinois): would he leave for the west coast with a powerhouse coming back next year?

UNC:

Roy Williams (Kansas): If the heir apparent didn't take it when it was his for the asking, no reason to believe he would even be asked now.
      Larry Brown (Philadelphia), George Karl (Seattle): Would they want the job? Are they too old?
      Jim Calhoun (Connecticut): Has the college resume, but probably happy where he is.
      James Worthy (Los Angeles): Former UNC, now highly respected personnel man with the Lakers.
      Phil Ford: Another former UNC, but had numerous personal problems when he was an assistant.
      MJ: He will be available in a couple of weeks, and no high school player would ever turn down a home recruiting visit.
      Old posters never die.
      They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

• Re: Other Possible Candidates

Originally posted by Adam Smith
        Bill Self (Illinois): would he leave for the west coast with a powerhouse coming back next year?
        Self just cut a new deal with Illinois over the summer to lengthen his contract and it gives him a huge bonus if he stays the whole time

Comment

• UCLA is no longer searching. Ben Howland is the new coach down in SoCal.

And if Few and Crean (especially Crean) are smart, they'll stay right where they are. Crean in particular has a huge chance to create new glory days for Marquette that would outdo anything Al McGuire ever did, and I'm rooting big time for the Golden Eagles to take the tournament.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• DAMN.

Comment

• Alright 'Cuse!

At this time I'd like to thank those who participated, thanks for playing, and better luck next year

Bow before me!

Comment

• Dammit. Marquette didn't deserve that.

Go Orangemen
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Congrats to H Tower on successfully defending his title.

Better luck next year, gentlemen...

Comment

• Congrats, H Tower!

Comment

• Congrats, H Tower.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• C'mon Syracuse... don't do this to me! My god...

Comment

• *exhales mightily*

Orangemen win! Orangemen win!

Comment

• Congrats, Syracuse!!!

And here's hoping Roy Williams doesn't go to Carolina.

Comment

• Reis, don't you go to Syracuse?

Comment

• Heavens no... but I have several friends who do and I also had money on the game, so I was a little there for a minute

Comment

Working...
                                X