No announcement yet.

NCAA Basketball - 65 Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Pitt over Kentucky, too. Feels good to get that.

But you didn't . Pitt lost, if you forgot.

--

(rank - name - points - correct picks)
    1 H Tower 142 37
    2 -Jrabbit 140 41
    3 Barry Goldenberg 139 40
    4 Sam Gibson 134 41
    5 Rebecca Sol 133 39
    6 Imran Siddiqui 129 42
    7 JohnT 123 40
    8 Peacemaker 121 35
    9 Guynemer 119 39
    10 Berzerker 118 35
    11 reismark 117 32
    12 Ming 115 35
    13 jacob durst 109 35
    14 rah 106 35
    15 ixnay 103 33
    16 ColdWizard 102 30
    17 Adam Smith 100 35
    18 Brtndr4u 83 30
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; March 30, 2003, 02:22.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If the #1 seeds reverse course and both win tomorrow... that would leave us with one Conference USA team (Marquette) and three Big 12 teams (Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma) as our Final Four. Conference USA has never been regarded as a power conference, and the Big 12 has long been derided as a patsy conference that always chokes when it comes to the big time. (This was partially shot down last year when Kansas and Oklahoma both made the Final Four, and then promptly reaffirmed as both teams proceeded to lose their semifinal games to teams from the powerhouses ACC and the Big Ten.)

Man, how good this would feel... especially if Marquette takes it all.

My brackets are dead. Screw rational thought. GO GOLDEN EAGLES!
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Um... Marquette won the Championship in the late 70s ('77, IIRC) and that didn't change any stereotypes about Conference USA.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Um... Marquette won the Championship in the late 70s ('77, IIRC) and that didn't change any stereotypes about Conference USA.
          There are major differences between now and then, Imran. Mostly: the tournament wasn't as big then as it is now, and the power divide hadn't truly been established yet. (Well, actually, I take that back... in those days, it was UCLA on one side and everyone else on the other).

Trust me: In terms of perception, a Marquette win this year would be a MUCH bigger deal in terms of how it reflects on the conference as a whole.
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

But you didn't . Pitt lost, if you forgot.
            Well yeah, no ****. That was in response to Reismark's comment:

And down goes Kentucky. Right when I thought they would. I still have no chance to win, but it feels good to know my major upset happened when I said it would happen... even if it wasn't Pittsburgh that took care of business.

Which was exactly what happened with me.

Comment

• There are major differences between now and then, Imran. Mostly: the tournament wasn't as big then as it is now, and the power divide hadn't truly been established yet. (Well, actually, I take that back... in those days, it was UCLA on one side and everyone else on the other).

Trust me: In terms of perception, a Marquette win this year would be a MUCH bigger deal in terms of how it reflects on the conference as a whole.

Wrong and wrong. The tourney was a big deal and there were conferences thought of as power conferences. It's just that back then they had different power conferences.

That was in response to Reismark's comment:

Yeah, so? I think he was wrong too. I bet when Marquette knocked off Pitt, he too, said OH ****, now Kentucky is getting through. If he says otherwise he is full of crap.

Comment

• A Syracuse win will help me nicely, but I still have no chance of winning. I suppose if some people took any of the Big 12 teams to win, a Marquette or Syracuse win in the championship would give me the best chance of advancing up the ladder, but I'd rather see Kansas win it all.

Comment

• what the hell? After the first weekend of play i thought my bracket was sunk. how the heck am I'm first now?

btw, I'm finally back from spring break, i didn't get to see a single game since leaving last week friday. I got kicked out of a bar in charleston along with a couple friends during the texas uconn game i think. stupid must be 21 after dark rules. I only saw 14 minutes of that game.
                  Last edited by H Tower; March 30, 2003, 08:14.

Comment

Yeah, so? I think he was wrong too. I bet when Marquette knocked off Pitt, he too, said OH ****, now Kentucky is getting through. If he says otherwise he is full of crap.
                    I don't deny it.

Comment

• Well well, with Syracuse sticking it to Oklahoma, there's a realistic chance there won't be a #1 seed in the Final 4. When has that ever happened?

Comment

• to root for the big ten against the big 12 or not... Do I root for Michigan State? Nah Stick it to the spartans and tom izzo

Comment

• Quick question for the stat hounds: Have we ever had a year since the 64 Expansion in which all four #1 seeds made the Elite Eight and then proceeded to lose all their regional championship games?

Because if the Spartans win, that's what we're going to have on our hands.

Comment

• i'm torn, after looking at the standings and who can catch me, i need texas to lose against Michigan state or syracuse to win. maybe i should be rooting for for the spartans

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark
                              Quick question for the stat hounds: Have we ever had a year since the 64 Expansion in which all four #1 seeds made the Elite Eight and then proceeded to lose all their regional championship games?

Because if the Spartans win, that's what we're going to have on our hands.
                              cbs just said in 1980 no top seeded team reached the final four

Comment

• After checking all the brackets, if Texas wins today and loses to Syracuse in the semis, I have a shot at moving way up since no one will have gotten KU/Marq v Syracuse in the championship. Too bad I didn't take Syracuse to beat Kentucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X