No announcement yet.

Computer problem: sound not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer problem: sound not working...

yes, the speakers are plugged in and all that. the sound was working earlier but then it just stopped. I ran the diagnosis and when it does the test, the speakers beeped to check the wav device and it passed but no sounds are working outside of the test. whats wrong?

and yes I restarted and still nothing

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Have you checked the mixer? It happens sometimes, that you by accident muted the device.

Comment

when I do the volume control, everything is unmuted
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Did you do anything between now and when it was working that could have had an effect?
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

this happened to me once, although it's a specific and dated scenario :-D

realplayer's volume control has a global-effect on your computer. if you have recently used an older version of realplayer and muted it or lowered it it'll effect the entire machine.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Paul Hanson:

I had to close a game inproperly because it was freezing. thats the only thing i can think of.

Comment

Hah ... uninstall and reinstall the drivers that will surely help to fix the problem... 10 mins work...
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Your speakers are dirty inside.

Simply fill your bathtub with hot soapy water and throw them in.

You may want to unplug 'em first.

Comment

i got the sound working. apparently, there was some 'resouce problem'. thank you onefootinthegrave and everybody else (except re_jon)

thanks

Comment

Just because my solution would fix it best.

Comment

You didn't even suggest a reformat, Red_jon.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

my speaker works fine, but I took Red_jon's advice anyway. And now my speaker still works! (sort of) Thanks Red jon!
                        :-p

Comment

It's quite all right. I used the same technique on a bag of kittens and left them to soak, but they stopped moving.

Comment

Working...
                          X