Concrete Blonde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Blonde

I'm thinking about buying a couple of tickets for an upcoming Concrete Blonde show in St. Louis, but at 25 bucks a pop, I'm not sure it's worth it. I love the band, but the price of tickets plus a night of drinks for two would really hit my wallet right now.

Has anyone seen a recent show and would recommend it?

Please, someone give me an excuse to go.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Concrete Blonde does a great show, but their fans suck ass. I tried to pogo at their farwell concerte, and some dude put his elbow up into my ribs. We could do any dancing cuz of all the stupid yuppie twits. It was the shortest concert I ever saw, 45 minutes, no encore. The audience was the lamest I've ever seen.

I'm kinda sad that their back together, cuz now I can't say I was at their final show anymore.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

'Concrete' blonde.

I thought there was a new hair color for the ladies.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

what kind of music they play?

buy the tickets, you recret later.
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Andemagne
          what kind of music they play?
          Retro punk live, retro pop on their cds.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

$25 is cheap fora concert. Go and have fun; if some yuppies try to hassle you then sit there and make fun of them. That usually gets them to shut up.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Concrete Blonde does a great show, but their fans suck ass. I tried to pogo at their farwell concerte, and some dude put his elbow up into my ribs. We could do any dancing cuz of all the stupid yuppie twits. It was the shortest concert I ever saw, 45 minutes, no encore. The audience was the lamest I've ever seen.

They're playing a great venue here, but I suspect the audience won't be much different. On the other hand, it's an all ages show, so maybe some younger Goths will show up and liven things up a little. Of course, the Goths in this town leave something to be desired too...

45 minutes!!! I just can't spend the money on that.

I really wish I hadn't promised this girl last night I would get a ticket for her. Gin and tonic is rapidly becoming the bane of my existence.
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Things to consider about my short concert. One, the lead singer was sick. Two, the audience was terribly lame and there was no energy from the crowd feeding the band. Three, it was their final show and they just wanted it over.

Comment

Things to consider about my short concert. One, the lead singer was sick. Two, the audience was terribly lame and there was no energy from the crowd feeding the band. Three, it was their final show and they just wanted it over.
                  Hmm, maybe I should go then.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Just remember, they don't sound the same live as they do on their cds. That's why the crowd was so lame. They came expecting a retro band and got punk instead.

Comment

Cement Banana is the back up band.

Comment

I don't even remember the other bands. Went to a lotta shows that year, Sonic Youth, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, X, the Butthole Surfers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                            Cement Banana is the back up band.

Comment

Retro punk live, retro pop on their cds.
                              is this a consious decision, or do the synthisizers do that much?
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X