Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are gay marriages legal but not polygamist ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are gay marriages legal but not polygamist ones?

Well gay marriages aren't legal yet for most U.S. states, but eventually they will be.

But I don't think polygamy will ever be legal. Why not?

Is there any valid reason for this to be illegal?

If a man can handle that much PMS, then he deserves to have that many wives.

I think that if everyone in the relationship(s?) consents, I don't see the problem with polygamy. Not my bag, but it's not my place to judge.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Why are gay marriages legal but not polygamist ones?

Originally posted by Dissident
      But I don't think polygamy will ever be legal. Why not?
      Because men and women are supposed to be equal. Therefore the one-to-one relationships.

Originally posted by Dissident
      If a man can handle that much PMS, then he deserves to have that many wives.
      What is your opinion regarding women with many husbands?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

There should be nothing legally wrong with polygamy as long as the whole thing's consentual. 'Course I don't swing that way...
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

"don't swing that way"... hehe.

I don't know about this. It depends on the results of this new social structure.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

id love to have a bunch of my fellow husbands gangbang her...
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I think the words Gay and Marriage are contradictions in terms. You may shoot me down in flames (but thats your perogative) but as nature, science, religion supports the notion that men and women should whatever......... Any other combination is not right.

Whats this "Gay Pride" all about? God knows what theyve got to be proud of?

Comment

proud that despite oppression and hatered they have accepted who they are and have come to love themselves?
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

France is on it's way towards legalising Polygamy, with the first step having been the recognition of Polygamous marriages conducted outside of France (which makes sense- it could have devastating social effects otherwise). This in turn means there's now a large "if them, why not us?" lobby group (with associated Civil Rights hangers on) that is pushing for a law to go through.

Polygamy is hardly an ideal state of being if it means each multispouse is depowered, but it should definately be allowed.
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

proud that despite oppression and hatered they have accepted who they are and have come to love themselves?
                    hmm........

Well I support the oppression as we should oppress that which is not acceptable to mass society.

Hatred, I dont hate them but rather feel sorry for them.

Proud that they have been accepted, this just reinforces my belief that they have a type of mental illness which should be treated in some way. "Gay" people clearly need help and support. I do not see the difference between homosexuality, pedphillia and beastiality. In my opionion none of them are natural, scientifically justifiable or the will of God. Its just society has attached different levels of tollerance for each.

Comment

hey barley, when did the ghost of hitler take over your body?

Comment

These are my pesonal beliefs, im no Nazi or skinhead just thats the way I feel. Im a moderate not a right wing gay basher.

Re Polygamy, guess thats down to personal consent, im not very religious but believe in the sanctity of marriage.

Marriage is a religious act and therefore I dont believe the conotations of that act i.e. 1 Man marries 1 Woman should be hijacked by Gay or Polygamists. If people want to live together (in whatever manner) if its not a standard relationship why cant they just cohabitarte.

Comment

what if the marrige is supported by a legitimate church?

and by legitimate i mean popular

Comment

I suppose I would want to know the basis on which the church is founded. Do they believe in the Bible? Koran? etc.

If their church is not on this basis then what is their religion. Religion is being misrepresented these days and used to justify anything e.g. Rastafarians smoking pot, those others that want to create clones, Branch Davidians (ala Wako).

Is this the world we want our children to grow up in?

Comment

lets say they were christian but are liberal, and allowed women and gays to be priests. They dont advocate any of these things but allow them, and they dont use their religion for motives outside of religion.

im more fearful of a world where children are afraid to be themselves. Im afraid of children being hated for being gay and being open with it. Im afraid of an intolerant world rather than a gay world.

Comment

Working...
                              X