This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my best user name?

Is it even possible to change user name? I looked through the user control panel and FAQ list and didn't find that option anywhere. But perhaps I was not paying enough attention?

Not that I dislike the old nick - it is close enough to my real name for my buddies to recognise but still too exotic to get nazis and similar lunatics to put me on their death list.

The meaning of the nick is "Olaf with the long hair" - an old Viking name that I actually used among my friends as a teen in the 80's.

There was a Norwegian king named Harald HÃ¥rfager 1000 years ago. He was Harald the 1st. The current king of Norway is Harald the 2nd. That puts my nick in a historical perspective spanning from Viking age to present - Important in the Civilization game!

But after having this nick for 5 years in both Swedish and international forums, I grew bored - I want to have a new image! Is it even possible to change nick on Apolyton or am I stuck with what I once decided?
    Last edited by Chemical Ollie; March 14, 2003, 19:12.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Hey - how did the **** get there? I wrote d!ck.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Re: What is my best user name?

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
      Is it even possible to change user name? I looked through the user control panel and FAQ list and didn't find that option anywhere. But perhaps I was not paying enough attention?

Not that I dislike the old nick - it is close enough to my real name for my buddies to recognise me but still too exotic to get nazis and similar lunatics to put me on their death list.

The meaning of the nick is "Olaf with the long hair" - an old Viking name that I actually used among my friends as a teen in the 80's - I was a rocker!.

There was a Norwegian king named Harald HÃ¥rfager 1000 years ago. He was Harald the 1st. The current king of Norway is Harald the 2nd. That puts my nick in a historical perspective spanning from Viking age to present.

But after having this nick for 5 years in both Swedish and international forums, I grew bored - I want to have a new image! Is it even possible on Apolyton or am I stuck with what I have?

Comment

Eeeh... reposting was not the best way to correct bad spelling! Sorry! But please just ignore it in the first post!

Comment

I don't usually recommend people changing nicks, but I do advocate it in this case. I've never liked the Swedish o as a letter.

Tsunami Surfer, that's where it's at.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Change it to Alf.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
              ....I've never liked the Swedish o as a letter...
              That's because your name is pronounced StefO and nobody outside Finland understand that, do they? I lived in Finland for 2 years, you know...

Comment

Actually his name is not pronounced StefO...
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

i say "stef-foo", am i right?

doesn't matter anyway, never going to see those stupid finns anyway
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Change it to Viking Eurocom
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

this thread won't last long. i remember ming closing several of these last week

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        Change it to Viking Eurocom
                        Why would a conservative voter be wanna call himself com?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                          this thread won't last long. i remember ming closing several of these last week
                          Yep... just another "look at me thread"

Just pick a new name and contact me and I will change it for you.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X