What ISP do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ISP do you use?

I was just wondering with my friends if anyone still uses the old 28.8k anymore... Then came the next logical question. Does anyone use a modem at all? I cant think of anyone around me who still uses a modem. 99% have teakne the step to cable modem and/or DSL.
    :-p

i have a neighbor that uses 28.8 AOL. he's also into masochism of other kinds.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I can't afford cable right now so I use dial-up.

Unless at work/school where it's fast as a mofo.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I use a dial-up (56K) because Comcast completely SCREWED UP my cable modem services when they bought out Adelphia in my area. I could only connect once or twice a week, and when I called to complain they said "Oh, we're upgrading the service so you may experience frequent outages for the next few MONTHS."

BS. I'll take my business elsewhere.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
          I use a dial-up (56K) because Comcast completely SCREWED UP my cable modem services when they bought out Adelphia in my area. I could only connect once or twice a week, and when I called to complain they said "Oh, we're upgrading the service so you may experience frequent outages for the next few MONTHS."

BS. I'll take my business elsewhere.
          That's a good man.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

That's a good man.
            And my wife likes the $30/month savings that we get with dial-up compared to Comcrap. So everyone is happy.

Well, except the kids when they go to disney.com and it takes 10 minutes for anything to load. Soon as they can pay they can upgrade.

Comment

Here dial-up is more expensive then cable... (well if you're on as much as I am it is anyway. )
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

yea, where i live, AOL+Phone line costs more than Optimum Online.

Sure, we could have used netzero or something, but i pushed for the broadband
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Most of the U.S. has the luxury of paying a flat fee for monthly service as opposed to paying for time spent online; therefore you pay a higher fee for better (faster) service.

Comment

At home, we use British Telecom ADSL.

At uni, I make do with the uni's dialup service.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I have Verison with a 56K dial-up, which suits my needs just fine. In those rare instances where those needs include an eighteen hour download, I only had one early disconnect I can recall, and that was my fault.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Cox Communications Cable modem service.

Comment

BCNet.

SP
                          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

At home I use BT Internet ADSL (used 56k AOL dial-up till about 9 months ago).

The extra £14 a month is well worth the investment.

Comment

Working...
                            X