Who Got Screwed Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Got Screwed Here

My enlistment was coming up in December, but with me going away there was no way I was actually getting out then. I was seriously thinking about getting out before all this came up. Then I got notice that they were going to extend me (because of this freaking mess) for up to 2 years weither I wanted to or not and I would get nothing except the privilage of being in service. So I signed papers to extend for 3 years so I could get a 2500-3000 dollar bonus for re upping.

By the way, unless you live in Arkansas you won't have to pay taxes for the bonus. So all you "not my tax dollar" folks can breath a sigh of relief that you didnt get screwed
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Sprayber, can you start a website starring hookers *ahem* women from foriegn countries in comprimising positions?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

This is new.
      I've never known anyone to be forced to extend.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Something tells me that the military is going to get their money's worth out of you Spray. I wish you the best of luck. And don't take any sh1t.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          This is new.
          I've never known anyone to be forced to extend.
          You haven't had a military this stretched for 30 years, Sloww.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

True.
            But even in WW II, when your time was up, it was up.
            What I was used to, was the service "forcing" reenlistment, if one wanted to take a Long Tour.
            Germany, for example.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yeah, but it was only the guys who had actually done their combat tour who got out for sure when their time was up, wasn't it?

Folks who had been in the army on a 4 year enlistment starting in '38 weren't let out, were they?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My grandfather was supposed to get out in January of 1942. Needless to say he wasnt out of the army until 47. He had re enlisted till for 4 years I think up to 46. But they kept him for another year after that..
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  Sprayber, can you start a website starring hookers *ahem* women from foriegn countries in comprimising positions?
                  Considering where I'm going, that may prove a dangerous enterprise. If I do, expect the website to have very high supbscription rates.

Comment

That's what you get for being such a family of warriors.

Comment

you should have been going to the phillipenes
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

A case in point is during Gulf War 1, a guy in my unit was scheduled to get out. The unit was called up a month or two before his time was up. He had to go anyway. He stayed during the whole 10 month depolyment to Saudi and had to stay in about 4 months after the unit returned. You see when I get out of the guard, I will be placed in the Inactive Reserve for about a year, maybe two. During which time I can be called up to go with my unit where ever they may be depolyed to.

From what we are being told, this is going to be at least a year. Depending on what happens, It could be extended. After that year though we serve at the pleasure of Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          That's what you get for being such a family of warriors.
                          Yeah, im not complaing. I knew what might go down.

I knew exactly what he wanted to talk to me about before I even walked through the door. There were three other guys in my exact same situation. One of our older NCO's isn't going because he turns 60 in Febuary of next year. They didnt want to have to bring him back I guess.

Comment

For those that are interested this is the brigade my unit is attached to. Or was attached to unil we were called up. I'm in a non divisional unit that is only apart of the 142 for organizational purposes. Thanks to us the Commander of the 142 gets to takes trips to Italy and Germany every other year to see how his boys are doing I wonder if he will make the trip with us this time

Comment

Working...
                            X