Poly meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly meet?

Is the UK poly meet going ahead? If so when/ where? Did I miss it?

I haven't really been on poly in a while.

rj

welcome back

IIRC the meet was cancelled
    (I bumped the thread just now)
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Id come along, many of you probably dont know me because I dont post that often.

Is the mees a good p.$$ up? what do you do? Where do you hold it (I live in Milton Keynes).

Comment

Well Barley, I think the next one should be held in Birmingham, so we should make plans for that one, perhaps some time in April/May so it should be fairly easy for you to get to...but this weekend's Bristol is a no go now...not enough interest...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Thanks

April will be virtually impossible for me to get to though

Comment

Well this is the advantage of suggesting dates - I don't know when the terms start you see...May is probably most feasible...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sure. The holidays go from March 28th - April 28th.

Comment

Im used to travelling so unless it was in Scotland or something it would not really be a problem, Birmingham sounds good. When you have a confirmed date let me know.

Comment

Re: Poly meet?

Originally posted by red_jon
                  Is the UK poly meet going ahead? If so when/ where? Did I miss it?

I haven't really been on poly in a while.

rj
                  Red Jon! Red Jon! Red Jon!

I was afraid you'd turned into the next Alice, and disappeared into your looking glass.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                    Sure. The holidays go from March 28th - April 28th.
                    How does the school system work in the UK?

There are 3 terms a year, right?

And what's this "Michaelmas" I heard about?
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Michaelmas (end of September?) is what they call the autumn term at Oxford/Cambridge.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, and Hilary and Trinity (spring and summer) Although I get the feeling that they call one of them something different in Cambridge...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

When do the 3 terms run? Is there a month's break or so between each of them?

FYI, in Canada and the US there are 2 terms a year (from Sept to Dec and from Jan to April/May). There's usually a week or two for Christmas and a 3.5-4 month summer vacation.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, there is about a months break between them. Michaelmas runs from October to December, Hilary from January to March and Trinity from April to June...or thereabouts...
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                              FYI, in Canada and the US there are 2 terms a year (from Sept to Dec and from Jan to April/May). There's usually a week or two for Christmas and a 3.5-4 month summer vacation.
                              2 main terms, but most unis have 3/4 terms total.

The UofC has 4 terms: 2 4-month ones (Sept to Dec, Jan to April), 2 accelerated 2-month ones (twice as many hours per week, May-June and July-August)
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X