Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's October 2016...almost 10 years after WWIII...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i survived, which i would, then id just lead a lonely exsistence based completely around music compoition.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

We'll legalize music-pirating to make your life easier MRT144...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

, i know 599,999,999 of the other survivors will not have an interest in what i do...
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Re: It's October 2016...almost 10 years after WWIII...

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          Smuggled biological agents, stolen from an unsecure facility in the former Soviet Union meer months after that government's collapse, are released onto an unsuspecting village in India near the northern-most border with China. While it was suspected to be the work of Pakistani Muslim extremists, there wasn't time to do a through investigation...

...the plague had begun.

In a matter of days, cases of the disease are reported as far as Eastern China, Singapore, and Southern India. In less than a month, the air-borne virus had reached almost every nation on Earth. Although not a quick disease, it is highly contagious. After only two months, the earliest cases begin dying. Soon, mass panic envelopes the world. Governments and regimes destablize as civilians and military personnel alike lash out in fear.
          Avoiding accusing you of badly written fiction, there are just several major problems with this:

1. Biological warfare facilities are never unsecured. Same with chemical warfare and nuclear facilities.

2. The Himalayas. Anything spread in that area of India just won't make it into China.

3. Air-borne microbes don't travel that way. If the contagion is an air-borne virus, you do not want to unleash it where there is nobody. You hit a major city such as New Delhi with it.

4. Viruses need hosts to spread. See 3.

5. Slow acting diseases usually don't kill people, because of the time given to the immune system to respond.

That's about it for now
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Why does this thread remind me of something?

"People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

600 million? That's too many survivors... I'd kill some more people
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Make sure most of the 600 million people, like around 90%, are hot babes.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  We manage to subdue the Los Angeles raiders
                  So your saying that Al Davis has moved the Raiders back to LA? I wonder what Okland fans will think of that.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Re: Re: It's October 2016...almost 10 years after WWIII...

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Avoiding accusing you of badly written fiction, there are just several major problems with this:

1. Biological warfare facilities are never unsecured. Same with chemical warfare and nuclear facilities.

2. The Himalayas. Anything spread in that area of India just won't make it into China.

3. Air-borne microbes don't travel that way. If the contagion is an air-borne virus, you do not want to unleash it where there is nobody. You hit a major city such as New Delhi with it.

4. Viruses need hosts to spread. See 3.

5. Slow acting diseases usually don't kill people, because of the time given to the immune system to respond.

That's about it for now

And again I say:
                    There, I've provided an example of what I'm looking for in responces in this thread. I don't care how likely the scenario is, nor do I care if you're a pathologists or military strategist or diplomat or terror expert or historian. I only care about how you'd deal with being one of only 600 million survivors after such a devastating event. Now play along!
                    What part of "I don't give a ratz arse WHAT one thinks of the likelyhood of the scenario, that isn't the purpose or point of the thread" do some people not understand...?

Comment

Okay okay... I'll play along

2006:

The Virus spreads around and pretty much kills everyone.

The panicked nations of USA, Russia, China, etc disintegrate, and fragments of them nuke each other.

2007:

The ecosystem fails, because half the animal species are probably dead too. The climate zooms around in a weird way and makes agriculture impossible.

The nuclear winter begins.

The nuclear winter continues.

The nuclear winter ends. But you wouldn't be around to see that, I'd imagine.
                      Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Well, Ranskaldan, at least it's better than *poo-poo* unlikely scenario *poo-poo* improbable outcomes *poo-poo* "badly written fiction" *poo-poo*...

(On that last note, Urban, I wasn't trying to write a novel, just quickly setting up a brief scenario that explains how it gets from start to finish, then asking for other poster's ideas about THE AFTERMATH not the scenario itself; not looking for nor expecting a Pulitzer for anything in this thread)

Comment

2006: virus kills 90% of earth's population.
                          2007: three spacecraft are launched from earth orbit. one flies towards alpha centauri, which splinters into 16 different factions. another flies to wolf359, where it forms an outpost colony, which also splits into two camps, eden and plymouth. the third spacecraft flies towards saturn, and discovers a black obelisk on iapetus.
                          2008: an alien species teleports massive quantities of black obelisks, dimensions in the ratio of 1:4:9, around jupiter, starting a reaction to warm europa up.
                          2009: the same alien species begins to invade earth with "angels", forcing the devastated populace of earth to build cities with names like tokyo-3 and gigantic robots to fight such abominations. it is during this time a fourth spacecraft, built by a corporation known as nergal, launches on a mission to defend the earth against these aliens, who bleed acid when killed.
                          2010: the year we make contact.
                          2020: a decade passes while humans manage to build their first warp capable ship, and make contact with various alien races.
                          2021: a sealab is built.
                          2022: a group of scientists decide to tunnel into the core of the earth and denoate a nuclear bomb to resurrect the planet, which had been dying as of late.
                          2023: they miscalculate, and the planet splinters into tiny little fragments, which are then impacted by meteors.
                          2024: the last humans die. good riddens.
                          B♭3

Comment

Working...
                          X