No announcement yet.

Do you learn lyrics by heart ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should try singing a patter song from Italian comic opera. Buts REM to shame!
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I tend to understand most of the lyrics in songs by american-english bands, but it is really almost imposible for me understand rap sogs.

Do native english speakers also have this problem?
      Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

I know probably between 100 and 200 songs by heart. I listen to music about 18 hours per day (including while I sleep) so it just comes naturally. Just listen to the words, and figure out what they mean. That helps me rememb0er.

I'd never be able to learn a Rammstein song by heart. Unless I can understand the lyrics, I can't memorize them.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Plan Austral
          I tend to understand most of the lyrics in songs by american-english bands, but it is really almost imposible for me understand rap sogs.

Do native english speakers also have this problem?
          yes. especially when they throw that "izzle" into words, fo' shizzle.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
            (including while I sleep)
            Why? Does it make you sleep better or something?

As for being on-topic: I know the exact lyrics of some songs of artists I listen to often.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

Why? Does it make you sleep better or something?
              I go to sleep only when I don't think very much.
              I think a lot normally.
              I don't think a lot when I listen to music.
              Thus I fall asleep more quickly.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

I think a lot normally.
                I have the same problem, but music makes it harder for me to go to sleep. I get to wrapped up in listening to it...
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I sleep with music because I can not stand the tick-tack sound of my clock.
                  Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Ditch the clock!
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Time for you to get a digital clock.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I listen to music about 18 hours per day (including while I sleep)...
                        I think a lot normally.
                        Does anyone else think JW has been listening to music while writing these statements?
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          I have to, as it is embarrassing to forget the words when singing in performance...
                          Amen to that...
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I scared the **** out of myself yesterday; I found myself singing along to "Love shine a light" by Katrina and the Waves

CSPA

Comment

Sometimes I find mysel singin "Im every woman"

Comment

I pick up lyrics because I tend to listen to my favorite songs quite a bit.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X