• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    Rich white girl found alive.

Why is this news?
    Your kidding...right?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      Good news...

Hopefully Laci Peterson will turn up alive.

And hopefully the thousands of children that end up missing each year that aren't from rich-white suburban families that don't get media coverage will turn up. Although statistically possible, I know that won't happen.
      Sava: The kids don't care what their socio-economic status is when they are being abused. Mostly, I would say the abusers don't eithier. The police and media do for sure(which is sad).

I think I can speak for all reasonable people when I say that I wish all missing children would show up in good condition. It is certainly news in my book when a child that has been missing for months shows up in good shape regardless of socio-economic status.

Before you become to cynical, remember it is a child we are talking about...and that child is safe. Certainly the best of news.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I agree with you Plato... her turning up is good news. But for this single incident or abduction to be a national story is stupid. All missing children should receive the benefit of large media exposure, not just the rich-white kids.

Anyways, I hope this bastard that kidnapped her gets a brutal ass-pounding in prison.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

After 24 hours the prospects are grim.
          This was close to 10 months.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003

Your kidding...right?
            Nope

And hopefully the thousands of children that end up missing each year that aren't from rich-white suburban families that don't get media coverage will turn up. Although statistically possible, I know that won't happen.
            That makes me sick.

I'm glad she's alive, it's the media I can't stand.

You know if a white wealthy girl makes the news she's a victim, if a black man makes the news he's a suspect.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Here is a link:

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                I agree with you Plato... her turning up is good news. But for this single incident or abduction to be a national story is stupid. All missing children should receive the benefit of large media exposure, not just the rich-white kids.

Anyways, I hope this bastard that kidnapped her gets a brutal ass-pounding in prison.
                I agree. All should get exposure. Yet I think it is better to give some exposure to the question than none. Is it news when its a rich white girl...Yep! Is it news when it is a poor black girl...It is to me.

At least this issue is being put in the media spotlight even if it is not being fairly portrayed.

Agathon: It is news. A child is safe that had been endangered. Regardless of her socio-economic status.

Comment

Given the amount of children that go missing and the fact that the vast majority of them come from poor backgrounds it seems odd to me that it is suddenly news when a rich white girl goes missing.

In any case I don't think it's a national story, although it is an important regional one.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

The "Amber Alert" isn't tied to race or wealth.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Are you two trying to say that if the child was black and the same set of circumstances were present, the media would not report this?

Some of you people are simply amazing. The point is that a child is back home. Ethicity or sex doesnt mean a damn thing. But apparently some try to find the absolute worse in each and every situation. It must be really depressing to be one of you.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

They're white, but whose fault is that? I don't think they're rich. The reward was $10,000?
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Given the amount of children that go missing and the fact that the vast majority of them come from poor backgrounds it seems odd to me that it is suddenly news when a rich white girl goes missing.

In any case I don't think it's a national story, although it is an important regional one.
                          Then dont post in the thread or listen to the news. That should solve your outrage shouldn't it?
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                            Are you two trying to say that if the child was black and the same set of circumstances were present, the media would not report this?
                            I'm sure they would report it, but, really, you don't see many national stories of black or hispanic children being kidnapped.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Sprayber, "It must be depressing to be one of you"

You just put into words something that's been nagging at me for some time now. So many universally negative people...what a worthless life it must be.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I'm sure they would report it, but, really, you don't see many national stories of black or hispanic children being kidnapped.

ACK!
                                So you say they would report or not. I wont give you any numbers because I don't keep track of it but I have seen reports of black children being taken before. So far this is the first Ive heard of one being seen after so long of a time. There was that chase in California of a suspect who had taken two teens where they were recovered and he was shot to death by police. Don't remember what color they were, but I'm sure others would have paid attention to such distintions.

Comment

Working...
                                X