Misinterpreted songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misinterpreted songs

I was thinking the other day about how often times people sing along to popular songs without any regard to what the song is actually about. Here's an example of what I mean:

Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
    This song is about the guys girlfriend cheating on him, and her getting dumped. It is not a positive or uplifting song, yet it gets used all the time in that way. It doesn't say "I hope you have." It says "I hope you had."

Guns and Roses - I Used to Love Her
    The song is about his dog, not his girl.

Those are all I can think of right now. Please add more.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

KissThisGuy.com is a social website dedicated to misheard song and music lyrics.

from the hendrix song. it was misheard as kiss the guy rather than kiss the sky.
    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Look here too

The Lair Of The Crab Of Ineffable Wisdom

That piss-take out of the Destiny's Child song, LOL, "The shoes on my feet, ALF GARNETT!" :lol;
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body"
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

people thinking Born in the US is a pean (sp?) to american patriotism...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Born in the USA... good one. An antiwar song that people use to show support for war . I forgot that one.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

How about Puff the Magic Dragon?

I guess that's actually like a double entendre sort of song though.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Paean Boshko?
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

'Paean' sounds like a name posh British parents give to their unfortunate children.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                  X