CD-R Problem... help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-R Problem... help me

Out of the blue my burning softwares started dissing my cd-r. I've burned few cd's today even, then did some surfing on the web and decided to burn some more. I did not change any settings on any devices.
    Windows sees my cd-r and claims it works properly. Also BIOS sees it. It works OK if I try to use it for example playing audio cds or just browsing files on cd. It stops working when I try to burn something, it just doesn't find it. I use nero, but I tried cdrwin also, same problem.

It's Plextor 40x/12x/40A PX-W4012A..

I downloaded CDR Info from Plextor site and it gives me the model of my cd-r plus information that says:
    Target ID: 0
    Host Adapter: 0

I reckon experts can see the problem there.. with the zeros? What do they mean, what should I do? My OS is win98 and motherboard is Epox 8K3A+ audio raid ddr KT333.

It worked just fine, but now it doesn't.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

That's a SCSI device, right?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, Umm might be? It's my secondary IDE now, but it worked just like fine before?

Also, I unchecked the DMA box from properties and booted, then rechecked it and booted, now Target ID is still 0, but Host Adapter is 1, and it's still not working at all. If that matters..
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Ok this is the most info I can get:

Operating system : Windows 98 V4.10.1998
        Windows ASPI (wnaspi32.dll) : Adaptec ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, V4.71 (0001)
        Roxio ASPI (cdral.dll) : n/a
        Ahead ASPI (wnaspi32.dll) : n/a

Host Adapter: 1 SCSI ID: - Maximum # Targets : -
        Description : Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
        Type : Hard disk controllers

Port Driver : ESDI_506.pdr
        Provider : Microsoft
        Description : ESDI_506 Virtual Device (Version 4.0) (Microsoft Corporation)
        Version : 4.10.1998
        Date : 5-11-1998

ID 0 (G: ) PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W4012A V1.02 (S/N:628326) (7.15.15D)
        Read speed: 17-40 X CAV
        Jumper Settings: 001
        BURN-Proof disabled
        Auto Insert Notification: yes
        DMA: yes
        In da butt.

Comment

Is this the thing?

Acutally this is a special edition product, but that's as close as I can find on the European site. Anyway, it seems that it comes with the software called Plextool. Do you have that? If so, run it to check things out.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Yeah, I think that's it..
            I'll run Plextool now..
            In da butt.

Comment

Well Plextools had only some general information, I still don't know what the problem is.. no errors..
              In da butt.

Comment

Have you just moved it to the secondary IDE controller? If so, check the slave/master jumper. Make sure it is set to master.

Comment

No, I haven't.. and it is master..
                  In da butt.

Comment

Okay, you can use Plextools to burn CD-Rs. Try to see if that works.

Comment

Ok it worked, BUT it created ISO image first.. I noticed nero will let me burn also images.. but it's still not working 100% like it's supposed to be working..
                      In da butt.

Comment

So you are burning audio CDs?

Comment

And now nero just let me burn cd without creating image.. I don't get it. THis is what I wanted but.. and it still won't see my cd-r.. it sees my dvd.. it didn't let me do this earlier, I haven't changed any of my settings.
                          Weird.. well it is now functioning like I need to work, but I just don't understand this at all.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Nope, I was burning .avis.. they worked fine. I don't have any problems now as nero started working with me again, but it still amazes me how it could work even now. Oh well..

thanks for helping me out.
                            In da butt.

Comment

No sweat.

Windows is like voodoo. I swear that is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X