Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your worst case scenario when the war begins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your worst case scenario when the war begins?

To be fair, I suppose, we should allow for people to give their best case scenarios as well. Anyway, my worst case scenario goes something like this:

1. shortly after the first bomb is dropped Irag launches a successful attack against Israel with a biological weapon of some sort.

2. Israel returns with a nuke.

3. Some crazy nation (maybe France ) nukes Israel.

4. WW3 ensues with much of the world enraged over Israel (so what is new?).

OK, now what is your worst (and best) case scenario?

probably the worst thing that could happen in my eyes is the US occupation after the war fails, adn Iraq falls into the quagmire of despair that is anarchy and tribal culture.
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I don't think that would happen.

Iraq is much mroe civilized than Afghanistan

Althought he Kurds up north could be a problem area.

Comment

Worst case scenario...

The war is over quick... Saddam commits suicide...
        No civilians injured or killed... a new government forms, supported by the people. They take their rightful place in the world community...

Oh yeah... a worse case scenario for all the US bashers
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Comment

Iraqi use of biological or nuclear weapons (dirty bombs, etc. not full scale nukes) on US ground troops. Full US retribution as dictated by established Bush Sr. doctrine from the first Gulf War. Destabilization of Middle East and loss of all Arab allies after unavoidable collateral damage that comes with weapons of mass destruction. Following 'you got what you deserve' reactions from protesters in Europe will result in a rift driven between the US and Europe that would not be crossed for several generations producing an economic cold war akin to that following the American Revolution between the US and Great Britain.

This is 99.9999999999999999% UNlikely to happen.

Comment

The U.S. will never use weapons of mass destruction

Comment

Oh I almost forgot my best case scenario:

The war ends in a few days with a massive defection from Irag's army. Bush is hailed as a hero and the UN transforms itself into a high school debating team. Tony Blair gets his own statue next to Winston Churchill and United Airlines begins tourist flights to Iraq, Iran and N. Korea because of the universal peace on earth and good will toward men.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  The U.S. will never use weapons of mass destruction
                  Name the one country in the entire history of the world that has used WOMD in war.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Iraq and the United States -- oh wait, that's two...

Comment

Germany, France, Britain, etc...
                      Gas attacks are a weapon of mass destruction.
                      Now if you mean NUCLEAR mass destruction, that is a different story...
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Despite the fact that chemical/gas/bio weapons are always included in the WOMD label, I only consider nukes to be weapons of mass destruction.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's not the war that's a problem (although, it might get nasty if Saddam decides to us WMD's). The real problem is the post-war situation.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

I don't like the precedent the war sets up - completely ignoring the UN.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              Worst case scenario...

The war is over quick... Saddam commits suicide...
                              No civilians injured or killed... a new government forms, supported by the people. They take their rightful place in the world community...

Oh yeah... a worse case scenario for all the US bashers
                              Apparently Chicago is also home to the slightly less famous "Troll Train"...

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X