is this wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this wrong?

well im trying to find a cunning way of getting a brand new computer with no expense to myself. the current problem is i dont have enough money to do so, and i wont by the time i start school up again even if i work 20 hours a week(the max that they allow me usually).

so i was planning on spending all my money on a road trip and then delibritly destroying both my computers. then pleading with my dad that i cant go to college without a brand spanking new computer.

im already paying my own way for a good share of college, and will in the end wind up paying for more than he is, so i think it be nice on his part to give me a new computer...

anyway, am i just acting like a spoiled little child for plotting this, or am i really just playing the system well?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Why spend all your money on a road trip?

Either way, you better hope it doesn't back fire and you end up with no computer at all.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Why not just sell your old computers and inform the insurance company that you accidentaly dropped them from your balcony or something and cash in on them a second time?

Comment

I vote spoiled little child. Be a man, make a deal. Your father deserves better.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sell your body
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

my dad doesnt make deals anymore because he thinks im an adult and i pay for everything i want. except i cant afford large expenditures like this, or when my car broke down two times. in fact if my mom hadnt bailed me out on my car i would have owed more than 2200 dollars on 2000 dollar car i paid for with my own money.

ill try going the deal route but i doubt that he will have any of it unless there is an obvious need for a new one.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

this is just wrong in so many ways
              and you know it.

grow up , don't use and manipulate the people who
              care about you the most . you're lucky to have someone
              able to help you with college expenses.
              be grateful
              "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

What are your current two computers?
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i dont feel any more lucky than my friends who had their parents buy them cars, pay for their entire college, and buy them new computers before they left for college.

im more grateful towards my mom who works at stanford who is paying for 95% of my actual tuition, makes half the money my dad makes, and still finds it in her heart to financially put her neck out for me when i dont ask her to.

Comment

nice Rah... I couldn't have said it better myself. Get a damn job and be a man. I got a job when I was 14 in order to pay for my own first computer. The last thing you want to be is accountable to your parents anyways. And you're in college? Sheesh
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The first is a pentium II 300 MHZ 64mbs Ram, 8 gig drive. the second is a pentium III 1 ghz 512 MBs pc133 Ram, 40 gig drive and 80 gig drive(which i plan on harvesting for a new computer)

sava, i have a job. i cant find another one because of my current job and conflicting hours. Ive had a job to buy most everything ive wanted including my car and my last computer. im not in college yet, i will be in a few months...

Comment

pentium III 1 ghz 512 MBs pc133 Ram

Thats fairly decent. If you can't get by on that, my vote goes to spoiled little child.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What's wrong with the computers you already have? I've got a P166 desktop and a 486 laptop, and I'm fine with them. I really don't think you need a brand new computer.
                          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

im going to school for music production and will be using my computer a lot for it. my 1ghz is already struggling with my current music setup which isnt even being used to half the maximum of what i would use it for.

Comment

Ha! yeah right, you just want to play computer games.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X