Finnish Green party leader is a hardcore Civer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish Green party leader is a hardcore Civer

It's been mentioned here before that Osmo Soininvaara, the leader of the Finnish Green Party, is a Civer. I noticed an interesting little snippet in the City magazine, and I thought you'd all be interested as well. I'm translating myself, of course. Here's a picture of Osmo.

Political games

Norway was astounded by a MP playing a game in the midst of a parliamentary session. The Eduskunta's (ie. Finnish parliament's) hardcore gamer is the Greens' Osmo Soininvaara, who played with his laptop in the midst of Finnish Academy's consensus meeting.

"In the long meetings I can catch up with my wandering thoughts through Civilization. The meeting lasted for three days and I managed to finish the game.

Isn't that rude?

Yes and no. The speaker sees he's being noticed. I can listen better when playing.

Do you play according to green values?

Yes, I think so. The warmongers lose. It's good to use a peaceful strategy in the game.

Have you played often in the meetings?

Only a few times.

- Juhani Siren
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

HAs he read evil evil Finalnd
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The warmongers lose
      pfft. the guy still plays on warlord or something.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I don't care, I just want to crush the computer
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Like any politician, he doesn't like a challenge...
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Challenge is in the mind of the beholder
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm sure he secretly razes wholes Civilizations, and sadistically giggles everytime he orders his troops to slaughter millions.
              Now that would be an original PR for the Greens
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

What's the betting that he nukes his opponents into submission, then allows global warming to occur and naff up the entire planet before escaping to Alpha Centauri?
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

But he said he didn't....
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Now we have to know, what is his login at Apolyton...
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

IIRC he preferred the other site.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        I'm sure he secretly razes wholes Civilizations, and sadistically giggles everytime he orders his troops to slaughter millions.
                        ...of course, only to prevent them from polluting the environment...
                        Blah

Comment

OLD! I HAVE READ ABOUT THIS 2 YEARS AGO!

Comment

Silly Tuome! The first thing I said was "It's been mentioned before"! And it isn't WANHA!11!1 if you admit it's WANHA!1!!!!!!
                            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

You have achieved an ecological victory!
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X