A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Invading Iraq is a terrible idea. There is growing support against it. Unfortunately, many non-Americans are ruining it because they are Anti-Americans instead of Anti-War, not to point fingers or anything. I heard a story about this kid in Pennslyvania (I forgot how to spell it and I'm to lazy to look it up). He was pretty sure he was against the war and he went to these antiwar rallies but the people there hated Bush and America so much that he almost was turned away. I also heard about this one person who goes to my school. She went to Italy on a vacation and she was harassed on several occassions because she was American. And she was opposed to military action in Iraq.

Many more Americans would go against the war I think if some of the demonstraters were more anti-war than anti-American. I know how much foreigners hate Americans, and I don't have a problem with that, but right now getting opposition for the war on Iraq is more important than sharing about how evil Americans are. Just act nice to us now so we'll be against the war, and then when we're not needed you can tell the world how much you hate us.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Re: A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Originally posted by johncmcleod
    Just act nice to us now so we'll be against the war, and then when we're not needed you can tell the world how much you hate us.
    You get treated as you deserve
    You aren't needed
    You won't be hated until after the unilateral invasion.

Comment

if they get scared away by thugs, then they weren't committed to the cause.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I heard some stuff about a dude that went to a place. Man, that was a great story.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You aren't needed
          I disagree. Why would you harass someone you don't even know? I didn't do anything to hurt the rest of the world, yet millions hate me. Is that fair?

Don't you want more support for not going to war? Most people that don't want to go to war would want support. It especially helps to have the support of Americans, for its their country that's making the mistake.

I don't know where you've been, but we're already hated.

if they get scared away by thugs, then they weren't committed to the cause.
          That's the point! They're undecided, and they get swayed the wrong way and we lose support.
          "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Re: Re: A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Originally posted by Ozz

You aren't needed
            Isn't it this kind of divisiveness that you accuse Americans of?

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Only when people reach out to each other on individual levels do governments react.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Originally posted by johncmcleod
              I heard a story about this kid in Pennslyvania (I forgot how to spell it and I'm to lazy to look it up). He was pretty sure he was against the war and he went to these antiwar rallies but the people there hated Bush and America so much that he almost was turned away. I also heard about this one person who goes to my school. She went to Italy on a vacation and she was harassed on several occassions because she was American. And she was opposed to military action in Iraq.
              They may be true, they may be false. It doesn't surprise me if the pro-war camp has started smearing the anti-war people.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Urban Ranger, I'm not mad at them doing it because it's wrong. I'm sure that pro-war camps smear anti-war people too, like you said, though probably not nearly as many do it as the anti-war camps, but that's not the point. What I'm saying is we need more support, and it isn't helping us.

Comment

Some crap is happening, certainly, though I reckon most clear minded individuals will see these events as what they are.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Originally posted by PLATO1003
                    Isn't it this kind of divisiveness that you accuse Americans of?

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Only when people reach out to each other on individual levels do governments react.
                    What divisivenes? A pompass piece about two
                    incidents where americans were harassed and next thing "you can tell the world how much you hate us."
                    I'd like to hear the other side, like "some pompass
                    yank was being a real jerk".

Save yer lectures for your own people, they're the ones
                    who need them.

Comment

I imagine that 2/3 of the USA wanting to snuff Hussein right now is a real downer on peace protests in America.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

we shall count bodies after the war and compare who was a bigger criminal, Bush or Sadam.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Hussein's count should already be in effect now.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Saddam's already up around a million killed. We'll probably have to break out the nukes to catch up...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Exactly, Drake.

Comment

Working...
                              X