No announcement yet.

Getting hit in the balls vs Giving birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok let me explain what I mean. I got hit by a hockey puck that was slapshoted at about 60-65 mph.

It happens in 6 stages.

First stage, you get hit by the puck, and what hurts is only the impact, you fall to the ground because, of course, you know what's comin to you.
    Second, you feel it, the pain....the pain is growing, and growing and growing and you think it'll never stop, tears are comin out of your eyes and you aren't crying.
    Three, now it hurts so much that you feel like throwing up. Even if someone was kicking you repeatedly you would't feel it cuz of the pain. Then you get numb...everywhere only....it still hurts like hell. this lasted 40 mins or so.
    Stage 5, pain slowly goes away continuasly for the next 5 hours. Now you can walk.
    Stage 6: Walk like an ass for 3 days.

Conclusion: Maybe labor for 20 hours can hurt a freakin whole lot but I think that the peek pain you get for those first 35 mins is just.......euuuuu....eeeee.......(I just can find a word that is strong enough) than what labor feels anytime during the process.

That's what I mean.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
      I'm so sorry....do accept my apologies Let me put it for you in terms you may understand.

Disclaimer ~ Men if you love your penis and are faint at heart do not continue to read.

You take a cantalope and push that through the head of your penis... through the little teeny tiny hole at the top of your penis which is now expanding (hopefully so that they don't have to split it open with a scapel) and push that cantalope through that little teeny tiny hole.

There is that better? That should be closer to a baby's head. Can you understand and picture that
      Yeah, but geez, the hole size is a little different too. Maybe Squeeze a ping pong ball through that hole wouldbe closer dimensions.

Either way though, ping-pong ball or a cantaloupe would hurt WAAAAYYYYYY to much.

If men were the ones to have babies, we would be extinct.

ACK!

EDIT: Thought p-p ball was kind of redundant.
      Last edited by Tuberski; March 10, 2003, 22:16.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        Actually, mother nature in all her benevolence has made labor a tad easier than it sounds. It still is tremendous pain, but the nerve ending in the vaginal area are not intended to transmit pain, and the nervous system on the whole tries to sooth that pain as much as possible.

The testicles region is the complete opposite. It is intended to transmit pain in rediculously exaggerated amounts, in order to create a very strong protection mechanism of that area(You can hardly argue with that, THAT WORKS). just try slapping yourselves on the wrist and then on the balls, if you are a fan of applied science.
        He is right. I saw it on the discovery channel!

Comment

If a man gets a tortion(twisted testicle) then the pain might just approach what a womman goes through. My wife had a relativley straight forward labour but the baby was facing the wrong way round(not breach just facing backwards) she couldn't speak for the last 2 hours it so much.Its the pain in her back that was the worst, about 40 mins before he was borm my wife asked really patheticaly in between contractions is there any chance of some drugs, it was too late though.

My wife is no wimp and for her to ask for drugs means it was agony
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

That was my point in my post. By the time drugs are mentioned it's to late.
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I hope that some day science allows us to be kicked in the balls while giving birth.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Took a well hit goal kick square in the nads from about 10 yards. The bastard I was marking dodged. I didn't have time. 10 minutes later I crawled to the touch line. 30 minutes later I coalesced into my car. About 24 hours later I almost felt OK.

If child birth is worse than that, I thank some higher power for my chromosomes.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

My mate twisted his nuts getting out of the shower it was so bad he had to ask his mum to have a look
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Tia, at the end of the day, we can only guess how much it hurts for the other guy.

You take a cantalope and push that through the head of your penis... through the little teeny tiny hole at the top of your penis which is now expanding (hopefully so that they don't have to split it open with a scapel) and push that cantalope through that little teeny tiny hole.
                    once again, an exaggerating comparison. a baby's head is larger than a cantaloupe, while that hole is much smaller than the vagina.

I think we can agree that while labour is painful for much longer, the pain of getting hit in the nuts HARD is much more concentrated and excrusiating, yet for a shorter time. deal?

I wonder how much more time will this thread last.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

While true, I am willing to bet far more women have died in childbirth than men have died by getting their nuts whacked/smashed/thumped/etc.
                      Sure, but whats the ratio of men with crushed nuts to women with kids?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I know someone who actually had to get operated on for testicle torsion...

You don't wanna know how he managed that.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz
                          Spectator, after that Hockey Puck comment I started sympathy pangs.

As to giving birth ... well there aren't many things that make me say this, but this is the one that makes me glad I'm a guy.

Not that I would otherwise prefer to be a woman.
                          Fitz sighting!

Welcome back, guy!
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I know someone who actually had to get operated on for testicle torsion...

You don't wanna know how he managed that.
                            I would, so that Tiamat could read it and maybe take ONE thing in consideration instead of her opinion only.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I heard this from a stand up guy (Dominic Holland i think)

Any woman who says that child birth is the most painful thing you can experiance has obviously never got out of bed and stood on a plug.

Comment

Working...
                              X