Who should America attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badman
    The price system is the only thing taking care of the resource allocation.
    Forced distribution of goods to everyone doesn't work, the Soviets have proved that.
    The price mechanism just doesn't work. Not even intervention and social welfare work. Actually, the USSR did a much better job at resource allocation than the West does.
    Why should I work if I don't get paid for it?
    All kinds of people get paid in the capitalist systems for not working. Everyone who is able works in a communist system.
    Dictatorships are the reality of the world but they don't necissarily come with capitalism, why should they?
    Actually dictators are much more capable of allocating resources than republics who depend on a price machanism to do that.
    The reality of capitalism is that there are always ups and downs but in long-terms the economy is always growing.
    The long run growth trend in the economy has gradually slowed over time. Eventually there will be no growth at all. The growth in the last 30 years has been unsustainable. It's been caused by over use of resources, irresponsible monetary policy, consumer debt, exploitation of cheap labor overseas and other means which wont sustain the economy in the long run. There has been no significant decrease in the poverty rate even though technology is at a level where it should be very possible.
    I know that the rich countries have to change parts of their policy and it is even possible that they won't be able to sustain the growth they had in the previous centuries but under the right conditions any country can become a tiger state. It will be a long process and there will always be poorer and richer countries but every country can reach a certain level of wealth under the right conditions.
    This is not possible under communism.
    The tiger economies were a result of the Cold War. They were given special access to US markets so that they would not fall to communism. No other nations will have such experiences in the future.
    I also know that productivity doesn't eliminate poverty but it gives everyone the chance to eliminate his own poverty because there will be enough resources.
    There is already enough resources and technology. It's the allocation. You don't see the preditory nature of capitalism. There is not real desire for economic equality among the upperclass.
    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK

The price mechanism just doesn't work. Not even intervention and social welfare work. Actually, the USSR did a much better job at resource allocation than the West does.

All kinds of people get paid in the capitalist systems for not working. Everyone who is able works in a communist system.
      I have to go to bed now but I just want to add this:
      Why would you work in a communist system if it doesn't make a difference?
      In the Soviet Union the workers were not motivated because they received exactly the same as everyone else so they didn't work as good as they could have done.
      That was one of the reasons why communism failed.
      People don't work voluntarily as long as they don't get paid for it, I wouldn't do that.

The price mechanism does work, everyone gets the fruits of his work. If someone does a better job he gets more money and more things.
      "Cogito Ergo Sum" - Rene Descartes, French Mathematician

Comment

In the Soviet Union the workers were not motivated because they received exactly the same as everyone else so they didn't work as good as they could have done.
        That was one of the reasons why communism failed.
        People don't work voluntarily as long as they don't get paid for it, I wouldn't do that.
        It failed because they produced too many weapons. The US is looking at the same fate.
        The price mechanism does work, everyone gets the fruits of his work. If someone does a better job he gets more money and more things.
        People don't get the fruits of their labor. That's why there is poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK

It failed because they produced too many weapons. The US is looking at the same fate.
          George Bush's record high $330 billion dollar deficit (before the war) sure is making it look that way.

Comment

Why would you work in a communist system if it doesn't make a difference?
            Why do you think that in communism it wouldn't make a difference?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

The Republicans are going to increase military spending and cut taxes everytime they are elected. Sooner or later the system is going to break.

Comment

blah blah blah. Do you actually know what's going on in Sudan?
                Ongoing civil war, Muslim north versus Christian south. Shaky ceasefire on the go last time I heard. Former base for Bin Laden, kicked him out under US pressure. No doubt Bin Laden has still got contacts there, seeing as he made a lot of money in construction contracts. An actual reasonable target for the 'war on terror'.

Getting involved will be seen as a crusade (not least by American fundamentalist groups), however, so it's not a likely target for the moment.

Comment

Well, it's not simply muslim north vs. Christian south. the muslims, which are the rulers of the country, are killing and starving out christians and pagans in the south. More than a million people were killed in the war.

Don't you think that there are good guys and bad guys in this one?
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'd be surprised if there was a good side. Most of the people killed are civilians who get caught in the middle. But I don't know much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver

100-400 nukes in the hands of a warmongering war criminal is certainly "a danger to other nations". Thus, we should force Israel to disarm or face occupation.

get your facts right , .....

"war criminal" , ...... what a joke , .....

"warmongering" like you maybe trowing mud at a democraticaly elected leader who is not found quilty , .......

and please stay on topic , this is not a stupid ME thread , .....
                      Last edited by Panag; March 12, 2003, 01:12.
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Yeah, honestly, you'd think a bunch of humorphobes suddenly found this thread.

And Sandman, if I get killed in a crusade to end the enslavement of oppressed people, I won't be happy, but I'll at least know why I died. Some things are worth pissing people off over, and ending slavery and genocide definitely is on that list.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X