Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know those dreams that make you doubt your sanity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know those dreams that make you doubt your sanity?

I think I'm going crazy. It would be the fitting end to my bad month by sliding silently into madness. Anyway, my dream:

I'm in one of the houses I used to live in in the USA. I walk into the bathroom and look through the window. I can see the town I currently live in in England. The train tracks are quite close to the house and a train is just leaving. On the ground near the track is a large black garbage bag that's wrapped around something. The thing turns and the garbage bag parts to reveal a manetee. You know those big Florida sea cows? One of those.

Except it's purple. Has tusks. And looks like a walrus. Yet I know it's a manetee.

And some part of my brain registers that manetee dumping from trains is a big local problem. That what I'm seeing is a very important thing, like dumping toxic waste. Very illegal. Yet I can't be bothered to do anything but stare from the window and the sleeping, possibly dying, purple tusked manetee in the garbage bag.

Am I insane? What does this dream mean?
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

It might have something to do with your sexuality.

Are you a secret heterosexual, and merely ashamed to admit it?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Think nothing of it!

I have dreams of being a Caesar, with a million female slaves at my feet and an army willing to sacrifice their very lives for my glory!

Then I wake up and realise it's all true!

Huzzah!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Except it's purple. Has tusks. And looks like a walrus. Yet I know it's a manetee.

And some part of my brain registers that manetee dumping from trains is a big local problem. That what I'm seeing is a very important thing, like dumping toxic waste. Very illegal. Yet I can't be bothered to do anything but stare from the window and the sleeping, possibly dying, purple tusked manetee in the garbage bag.

Am I insane? What does this dream mean?
        It's pretty simple. You are the Walrus!
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

To paraphrase Sigmund Freud: "Tell me about your farzer"
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have tons of very very sick dreams. And I'm perfectly normal

Comment

You know those dreams that make you doubt your sanity?... Well... Those are the best dreams...

Cimbri

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                To paraphrase Sigmund Freud: "Tell me about your farzer"
                Oh honey, you know all about my father(s).
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Who's your daddy?!?!
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That's the question I've been dealing with for the last few weeks.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Are you talking about something sexual, or like, you are trying to find out who your birth dad is?
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's a looong story Teddy, but sex has nothing to do with it.
                        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I see.

Sounds like you are dealing with alot of tough questions. Good luck.

Comment

It was meant to be an 'in joke' In jokes are always hilarious, except to those who don't know what we are on about
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh. Now I'm really confused!

Comment

Working...
                              X