Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW amazing will the new Dune movie be, on a scale of 1-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW amazing will the new Dune movie be, on a scale of 1-10?

The 3 part 6 hour one coming on the sci-fi channel starting next sunday, how awsome will it be?
    0.00%
    0.00%
    11.11%
    I have no taste(anything besides 10)
    33.33%
    It will be better then bannana aided sadomy
    55.56%

I predict it will be alot better than sodomy, though I never tried it. Just the idea...:barf:
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

They already showed it once. I'll say this for it -- it was better than the Sting movie.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

It's not new, it's even on video, has been for a long time.

Pros:
        It's longer and epic. You don't have to look at Sting in a thong. There is no 'Battle Carousel' thingy for the Emperor.

Cons:
        The costuming department was on drugs. The new Leto Atredies is awful. The old Baron, and the old Giedi Prime, was a lot more awful and beastly. The new Harkonnens are too cuddly.

It's less psychedelic. The motivations are more straigthforward, liberate the people, black and white. The don't delve too far into the direction of Paul's increasing inhumanness, or the ecology of Dune, or the brutal lifestyle of the Fremen. In the movie, the Fremen are just simple desert warriors oppressed by bad guy.

In conclusion, sometimes saying less is more. I felt the original was more blurry-edged, more 'Herberty'.

Of course, neither really captured the book, with its religious speculations.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I hope it's not as campy as the first Dune miniseries.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

The original dune movie was great for me visually, (almost perfect IMHO). But the novel's plot was so hacked up that it was virtually impossible to follow if you hadn't read the book.

The mini-series is the other way around. It follows the book much better, but the whole look and color scheme is too stark and underwhelming
            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I think Vesayen is talking about the new "Children of Dune" miniseries that is coming out. It covers the second dune book.
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave
                The original dune movie was great for me visually, (almost perfect IMHO). But the novel's plot was so hacked up that it was virtually impossible to follow if you hadn't read the book.

The mini-series is the other way around. It follows the book much better, but the whole look and color scheme is too stark and underwhelming
                I agree with you perfectly. If you could combine the two, it would be the perfect Dune movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                  It's not new, it's even on video, has been for a long time.

Pros:
                  It's longer and epic. You don't have to look at Sting in a thong. There is no 'Battle Carousel' thingy for the Emperor.

Cons:
                  The costuming department was on drugs. The new Leto Atredies is awful. The old Baron, and the old Giedi Prime, was a lot more awful and beastly. The new Harkonnens are too cuddly.

It's less psychedelic. The motivations are more straigthforward, liberate the people, black and white. The don't delve too far into the direction of Paul's increasing inhumanness, or the ecology of Dune, or the brutal lifestyle of the Fremen. In the movie, the Fremen are just simple desert warriors oppressed by bad guy.

In conclusion, sometimes saying less is more. I felt the original was more blurry-edged, more 'Herberty'.

Of course, neither really captured the book, with its religious speculations.
                  No, the scifi channel made a movie on the dune book 2 years ago, NEXT WEEK a NEW MOVIE based on Children of Dune is coming out on the sci-fi channel.

Comment

Err...what happened to "Dune Messiah"? Or are they combining the two?

Comment

I think they are combining em.

Comment

If it's as bad as the last Dune mini-series, I'm won't upset that I don't have cable. Poor acting ruined it. Again, as with David Lynch's movie, the only redeeming factor in the show was the actor for Baron Harkonnen character.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          If it's as bad as the last Dune mini-series, I'm won't upset that I don't have cable. Poor acting ruined it. Again, as with David Lynch's movie, the only redeeming factor in the show was the actor for Baron Harkonnen character.
                          As bad as the Dune mini was, although I must give them an "A" for effort, I thought the Baron Harkonnen they used was particularly bad. Too campy over-the-top.

I seem to remember him looking into the camera and spouting Shakespeare or something similar at the end of all his scenes, with his nephews campily brooding in the background. Just bad.

Comment

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Static23
                              I thought the Baron Harkonnen . . . was . . . [t]oo campy over-the-top.
                              He's supposed to be. That's how he's written. He's a homocidal clown.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X