Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the monarchy make Britain look silly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they re-invented the monarchy they made up all the ceremonial bull **** we have to live with now and covered up all the bits that might damage them
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I think what you'll find is once Elizabeth goes the British monarchy will slip into the low profile Euro mode pretty rapidly due to public pressure. Dominions like Australia will quickly move to republicanism.

Its really respect for the Queen and the Queen Mum which has kept people loyal to the monarchy to date, particularly the older generations. They remember the monarchy's unifying role in the war, have nostalgia for the British Empire etc.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The Queen Mum was a racists, class driven old harpy who by not running away to Canada during ww2 now seems to be as important as Churchill in winning the war
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
          The Queen Mum was a racists, class driven old harpy who by not running away to Canada during ww2 now seems to be as important as Churchill in winning the war
          Oh yes I know things aren't what they seem but this is not the popular perception.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

That's because she single handedly deflected every bomb over the East End during the blitz.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Which doubly amazing because she didn't stay in Buckingham Palace through the whole Blitz either

Comment

No, she went out onto the streets and put out fires, touched the sick and injured so they magically recovered, rebuilt buildings, manned the AA guns and shot down over 1000 bombers and made everyone a nice cup of tea.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    No, she went out onto the streets and put out fires, touched the sick and injured so they magically recovered, rebuilt buildings, manned the AA guns and shot down over 1000 bombers and made everyone a nice cup of tea.
                    Gawd bless ya mam

Comment

• i thought she shot hitler
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Well abolish it, and down with the tabloids... The tabloids are a curse, they make the mind of the average brit go weak and moldy... Those people should read a good book instead, or read a decent paper!!!

I mean most ppl just read the Sun or another crappy magazine, and you expect them to have a well thought over opinion on conflictcs such as the coming war in Iraq? Tabloids keep the mob stupid, and they give them what they want: dirty stories of perverts etc... What good does it do? Not even 20% of the content of a tabloid is true, I estimate...

Down with tabloids!!
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• I always wanted to know if you could sue the news of the world under the trades description act as stories about vicars in bondage and fotballers ****ging models don't seem to fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
                            i thought she shot hitler
                            No, she clubbed him on the noggin with an empty gin
                            bottle.

Comment

Working...
                            X