Apolyton Debating Chamber: Public Breast Feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Debating Chamber: Public Breast Feeding

In NZ, and IIRC Australia too, there is a debate about the legitimacy and morality of public breast feeding. Naturally, with all debates, we'll take it to the OTF!

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with public breast feeding. However, it may be more appropriate to ban PBF in certain areas (e.g. restaurants and malls).

Any comments?
    No, Public Breast Feeding is sick and immoral. It should be banned
    13.33%
    Yes, Public Breast Feeding is natural, and banning it is restricting a mother's right to rasie a child.
    86.67%
    I'm for Public Banana Feeding!!!
    0.00%

I think it should be legal to go nude whether you want to breastfeed or not.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Of course, if the average person took advantage of this I'd probably have to invest in a pair of level 14 arc-welder's glass sunglasses...
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

not if you lived in the bay area frogger
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If National Geographic can show naked Africans on TV all day, why can't mothers breast feed babies in the public?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            not if you lived in the bay area frogger
            You're joking, right?
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I see no reason why greast feeding in public is wrong, tho i can see how it might be a little embarrasing. If a kid is hungry, and the mom is willing, then thats cool with me.

A bigger issue, i think, is when should mothers stop breast feeding. Some moms breast feed their children for years, some have been to do it till children are around 9 or 10 years of age (IIRC)! Is there anything wrong with this? I dont know... it just seems strange to me tho

Kman
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

cyclo, sure there may not any hot women that are your age, but there are thousands of hot young females that are my age, 19.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

For every thousand hotties (even restricting to our age group) you'd have:

1) 6000 unpleasantly fat
                  2) 8000 with unsightly body hair or ass acne they don't bother to remove
                  3) 5000 with faces ugly enough that it doesn't matter what their body looks like
                  4) 100 attractive lesbians who share their "feelings" in public...

Okay, ignore the last one.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Woe is Canadian men!
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

maybe if i lived in ohio frogger, that would be true.

Comment

Breast feeding should be okay. What is offensive about it to anyone? If it is "nudity", I would say "Get a grip!"
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

OK guys, your mothers didn't breast feed you till you were 18 for you to turn out like this!
                          The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
                          Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                            maybe if i lived in ohio frogger, that would be true.
                            This is where you go wrong.

There are no "good-looking regions" or "bad-looking regions". There are only areas where ugly girls have figured out how to disguise their ugliness under clothes, and areas where they haven't.

The entire concept of clothes was thought up by a lesbian, ugly, fat girl with ass acne and an aversion to shaving. It's a scientific fact. That or someone who was cold. Either way, my point stands.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger

This is where you go wrong.

There are no "good-looking regions" or "bad-looking regions". There are only areas where ugly girls have figured out how to disguise their ugliness under clothes, and areas where they haven't.

The entire concept of clothes was thought up by a lesbian, ugly, fat girl with ass acne and an aversion to shaving. It's a scientific fact. That or someone who was cold. Either way, my point stands.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X