Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like working- does this make me a freak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like working- does this make me a freak?

I just like to work. I don't know why. I really haven't had any bad jobs. I have liked every job I've had (well I've only had 3 ). I'm a good worker, and never get fired or laid off. The only complaints I've had are low pay. I could always get paid more money.

But the thing is I don't really fit into the average american worker. It seems it's popular to be lazy and thieving. I never steal from the company, and I'm not a lazy worker. but I'm not a suck up either. I don't have to be, because I don't have a supervisor who watches over me. So I have no one to suck up to. I just do my job and don't complain.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a workaholic- I think. I like doing other stuff like hiking, watching movies, and playing computer games etc. But if I didn't have a job- I would be lost. I wouldn't know what to do.

I'm actually thinking about getting a second job. I don't need the money, I just like making money and working.
    Yes very freaky indeed
    41.67%
    No- this is good healthy attitude
    50.00%
    makes you a banana
    8.33%

you are very fraky

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

fraky is even worse than freaky

Comment

Good for you Diss. I know my father (a butcher) enjoyed his job, mainly because he communicated with people, total strangers, and he had a knack to get a conversation with them like he'd known them for years.

If you don't enjoy your job, why do you do it?

Comment

I actually like working for the most part, I think humanity has a basic primal need to be productive. My current job,local fast food establishment, isn't exactly my first choice. But I can appreciate it for the most part, as it does satisfy my need for productivity, even if certain parts are less than pleasent. I can also appreciate it's intellectual side, such being brutally and directly exploited and so forth.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

i like working also even though the job sucks
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I suppose I would hate my job if I was a janitor and didn't get to talk to anyone. My job is fairly social- yet I also work alone. It's hard to explain that. But I do have to talk to people in the course of my job.

And I also get to see a lot of hot chicks to. That may be another reason I like my job

Comment

dissident, let me guess, youre a federal breast inspector
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I like working, but the jobs I've had (besides my music ones) make me want to quit. So I did.

Comment

federal breast inspector is only the title I say to women. That's not my actual title.

Comment

One of the more interesting aspects of working in fast food for me is that I am essentially living a life as close as can be currently found to the classic industrial proletariot of old. Long hours, low pay, dangerous working conditions, brutal exploitation, and so on. I find it all very interesting and it should prove to be a useful experience in my future battle against capitalism.
                      But as I said earlier, I really don't mind working, and obviously can even find joy in the worst of jobs.

Comment

now seriously. how dangerous can that be?

I can't imagine working fast food.

That is one job I have never worked. Maybe if I had worked fast food I would have a bad attitude towards most jobs

When I was 16 I applies to Mcdonald's and they turned me down . Believe it or not, where I live it can be hard to get a job at McDonald's.

Comment

Fast food has some perks, it is not entirely the hellish, black abyss that one would think. There are quite a few interesting people where I work (including two graduate students, one of which being from India!) and it is kind of fun to create new systems that have never been thought of before to increase efficency and quality and so forth. I am happy to say that I have already revolutionized a few practices at my restaurant. Oh yeah, and quite a few cute, teenage girls flirt with me there, which always helps stroke one's ego.

Comment

dissident, thats because mexicans will work for less and longer

Comment

You are not freaky, diss, according to various theories of human behaviour, people have various internal needs they need to satisfy, and they are motivated by different things. Some people are motivated by money, some others by achievements, yet some others by social interactions. That's quite a long list there.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X