Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give peace a chance. Saddam isn't such a bad guy once you get to know him...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give peace a chance. Saddam isn't such a bad guy once you get to know him...

What the peaceniks are "fighting" for

No joke.

DAVID! Drag your tired ass in here and read.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Nice troll, glad to see you back.

Most people know Saddam's a murdering asswipe - I don't think there's much doubt about it. The Reagan and first Bush administrations certainly had no qualms about his nature when he was our boy and received billions in aid from us.

Dear Leader Kim is a murdering asswipe too, so is Mugabe, and I'm sure we can find plenty of others. Does that mean we invade them all next?

Different "peaceniks" have different reasons for opposing the war, but mine is two-fold:

One, I don't think he's a high enough priority to tie up virtually the entire uncommitted ground combat capability of the US for the duration of the war, and a large portion of that capability indefinitely thereafter for occupation duties.

Second, I don't think we have the collective brains, in terms of knowing the geopolitics, understanding the different agendas and factions and competing interests, to set up a functional government that won't either be acutely threatened by, or be an acute threat to, our new-found neighbors, some of which are alleged "allies."
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

No, Saddam is not the worst bully on the block but why not take him out while the troops are there? It certainly would be foolish at this point to ship everyone over to N. Korea or wherever. Take him out and let whining "old" Europe help in the reconstruction.

Comment

Wars of liberation are justifiable.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

What you neglect to not is that Bush has tabled Ford's ban on assassination during war.
            I think you've got the runs for nothing, but you're certainly entitled to that opinion.
            We don't live in Iraq, after all.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

still doesnt say why Iraq and not North Korea, Zimbabwe, Libya, somalia, etc
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Re: Give peace a chance. Saddam isn't such a bad guy once you get to know him...

Originally posted by Lincoln
                What the peaceniks are "fighting" for
                The idiocy is such that it is assumed the Kurds and the Iraqis will get better treatment after Hussein is toppled.

Fat chance. Want to buy a bridge cheap?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The reason why Iraq now, is because that is where the troops are now. Whether or not Bush is a wise man in putting them there, the fact remains that they can quickly do the job and then everyone can ***** about what he does next.

Comment

There is little doubt Saddam is a complete nutcase... unfortunately these people are always blessed with an uncanny lifespan.

But he is no idiot, he's not going to do something stupid with the whole world watching him. The cost of an invasion and continued military presence, both in terms of money and people, is not worth the risk of just leaving Saddam in power. He will do as much to stay in power as possible, even if it means doing whats best for his people

I'm sure he has weapons of mass destruction and will do anything for a nuke. But as long as the inspectors are in the country I'm not worried. I've never liked siding with the French, but we need to give the inspectors more time. Yes, Saddam has violated dozens of UN resolutions... then again the US's record isn't stellar either.

With the capture of the #3 Al Qaeda guy last week, my confidence in this "War On Terror" is renewed. They are still a far bigger threat to world peace than Iraq, so is North Korea. With all the domestic problems in the US right now, we do not need to furthar alienate our allies on this relatively trivial manner. Show me the chem/bio weapons! Then we can go to war.

War might be the only option, but I for one want to be sure before innocent people start dying.

No one wants to see more American lives lost in another Gulf of Tonkin.
                    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

The idiocy is such that it is assumed the Kurds and the Iraqis will get better treatment after Hussein is toppled.

Of course the Kurds and other Iraqis will be treated better after Hussein is gone. They're being liberated by Americans, not petty thugs like the Chinese...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"Want to buy a bridge cheap?"

Not from you. It would probably be leaning way too far left.

Comment

Because we can Lawrence... He's a pain in the ass and we can. As an added bonus it just might make the hard line Iranian theocrates and the delusional Communists in northern Korea sweet a litttle is just an added bonus.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Iraq got in line first.
                            First come, first served.

Comment

The reason why Iraq now, is because that is where the troops are now. Whether or not Bush is a wise man in putting them there, the fact remains that they can quickly do the job and then everyone can ***** about what he does next.
                              which goes back to the question of why there are so many troops there.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                              X