Waiting for the call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for the call

I'm going out of my mind. I couldn't sleep all night, knowing this very important call would very likely be coming today (Wed, March 5). I woke an hour before normal, and I've been waiting by the phone. I'm going nuts.

I went on an interview yesterday, and they said it was very likely they'd make their decision by today. They need someone right away.

I kicked ass. I was slammin'. They were very impressed by me. I made constant eye contact, I repeated everyone's name as I was introduced. My portfolio (which needs to be updated) is awesome. And I have something that no one else likely has, impressive looking posters of site maps I did (which every single interviewer said they needed!).

I know I got the job, in my bones. But the waiting is killing me.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Me too. They are supposed to call me for lunch. I'm starving!!!!!!!!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

AUGH! My Mom just called and before the caller ID kicked in, my heart lept into my stomach.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Don't talk about food.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Good luck.

I felt the same after my interview where I got this job . . . I "knew" I had it but could not make myself calm down until I heard officially.

Hopefully this is the start of better times on your career front.

edit--typo
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Heck, I'm scared to even discuss it, cuz I don't want to jynx it, even though I know that's silliness.

Comment

Well, good luck, dude.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Good luck Chegitz! By the way, is this new job still in the Jacksonville area or have you decided to move on?
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Good luck communist relic

Comment

You will probably get it. I've had interviews like that, but still didn't get it though. Competition is tough sometimes. Good luck.
                    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I got a great job two weeks ago.

But I'm supposed to start two days after I ship out for the desert.

Sometimes timing can be a real *****.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

An interview appointment about a second job ($$$ ) got rescheduled because of the trial of 17N and the huge workload associated with it for news agencies)

Oh well I have to wait a few days

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                          Good luck Chegitz! By the way, is this new job still in the Jacksonville area or have you decided to move on?
                          Both, ironically enough. I'd already turned in my 30 day notice at my apartment complex and had begun looking for a place to live in Mimai-Dade (we found a place and were planning to put a deposit on it as soon as Bunnygrrl's tax return comes in). Then I got a call Monday that Vistakon wanted to interview me. They're right down the street, I could bike to work if I get the job. Obviously, getting the job means staying in Jax, but I'm fine with that. It's only supposed to be a 3-6 month contract, so we're gonna live like hermits until the contract is over and save, save, save.

If it turns out to be a more permanent kind of gig, then my choice is, do I want to move towards the beach, St. Augustine, or Riverside (Jax's alternative neighborhood).

Comment

Alternative neighborhood? Dedicated to low-down stinking commies?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Alternative neighborhood? Dedicated to low-down stinking commies?

And gay people!

Comment

Working...
                              X