Windows media is getting annoying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows media is getting annoying.

I have the latest of WMP (9 I think) and what's been bugging me about the new version (well i think this feature has been in for awhile but I dont recall 8 having problems with it) is that on full screen, video image will resize whenever controls are activated. If you're watching a movie and you accidentally move the mouse, resizing of video screen could get irratating if it happens often.... and I dont like to see controls... no, thats not an option for me. I liked to have them on auto-hide but is there anyway I can prevent the control bars to pop up whenever i move the mouse? or revert back to 8ish small sexy control bar that didnt resize vid screen and just overlapped the screen a little?
    :-p

More or less. Use version 6.x. Everything after is bloated beyond usefullness.

Wraith
    I keep hitting the escape key but I'm still here.

Comment

6.x is very sexy indeed, but is there a ver6 for Windows XP? Last time I checked I didnt see one for XP, but can i use ver6 from other windows ver anyway?

I kinda like playing DVDs from WMP, but If I could get ver6 for XP I wouldnt mind losing that feature.
      :-p

Comment

Just use Zoom Player and bypass Windows Media altogether.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The RM player is almost as bad. But, I agree, WM 9 is so annoying in this regard that I avoid it.

Besides, the sound seems better in RM.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

--"6.x is very sexy indeed, but is there a ver6 for Windows XP?"

Hmm. Good question. You didn't mention that part first time around, though.
            Anyway, I don't know. I've been avoiding XP. 2000 is the last Windows OS I'm willing to use. Media player availability is only one of the many reasons for this.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure Asher will be by soon to sing the praises of WM9. He might be able to answer the 6.x for XP question.

Wraith
            Cry Cheeble and let loose the hamsters of war!

Comment

*** BEWARE TROLLING ASHER FANBOYS APPROACHING!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Turn your mouse upside-down when you're in full-screen mode.

SP
                I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

... or just try not touching your mouse when you're watching something in full screen mode. How hard can that be?
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Actually that's the feature I like most about it
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                      ... or just try not touching your mouse when you're watching something in full screen mode. How hard can that be?
                      Depends entirely on what you're watching.

SP
                      I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                      X