50 years of charbroiled Stalin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 years of charbroiled Stalin

Stalin died on March 5, 1953. Finnish press of the time reported, among other things, that "Stalin had always had a special place in his heart for Finnish people" (sentence may not be exact, but the sentiment was).

Plenty more years!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Plenty more years for him to be dead?
    I'm for that one.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hard to believe it's only been 50 years since he was alive...

Comment

Death couldn't happen to a better guy.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

and its the 63 annivesary of the end of the winter war, coming up on March 15th

i always tell my friend that it was the most important war in the 20th century (jokingly of course)
          one time he said 'yep, it was the most important war in the 20th C and the Finns lost it. What were they thinking?'
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

curious: how was news of stalin's demise recieved by America? did the soviets try to conceal it at all? anything interesting about it?
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Celebrate the demise of the enemy of the peoples - STALIN!!!!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

How could you not trust this face?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                  How could you not trust this face?

It's the mustache that makes him evil. Stalin, Hitler they both had the evil mustache thing going.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Actually, while I find Hitler's moustache indisputably evil, Stalin's seems more friendly...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

On Stalin it's the eyes that give him away.

Hitler's eyes always made me think he was unsure of himself. Stalin's tell me he knows exactly what he was doing...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

In the picture you posted, if you take away the mustache he kind of looks like a young Ronald Reagan
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Mad props go out to the Finns for being the most likable group of people around and also for kicking Soviet ass.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, the eyes show him through, as this well-calculated evil man, while Hitler had only this "scared animal in the corner" thing going.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I watched a finnish movie called Ambush about the second war. They kicked some arse there.

Oh, and rot in hell, Josif Visarionovich.
                              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                              X