Metallica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica

So they have a new bass man. Rob Trujillo. If anyone has heard of Suicidal Tendencies- they were a pretty cool band. Trujillo used to be their bassist.

anyways here is a picture.

Unfortunately I don't think he was involved in making their album. I heard Bob Rock their producer laid down the bass tracks. Too bad. Rob Trujillo could have laid down some funky ****. That would have been interesting to hear.

So I guess Rob is going to be their basssist for the tour. I'm not sure how permanent he will be.
    They are the greatest band to ever exist in any time
    14.29%
    They are a good metal band
    31.75%
    They are OK
    19.05%
    They suck
    7.94%
    They really suck
    17.46%
    Metalli-who?
    7.94%
    I have dreams of doing things to them with bananas
    1.59%

Bob Rock is good, Metallica is average.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm looking at the videos and pictures on their website right now.

They have new video with Rob in it.

And James appears to be wearing glasses! geek

Comment

If I could figure out how to get past the right click ban on their website I could post more pictures

Comment

Turn javascript off.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

of course knowing metalica. They will track me down and sue me

Comment

You might not know it yet, but they already are in the process of sueing you for making such a remark.

Comment

they were better ealier

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I agree, the black album was overrated. Kill 'em All was pretty garage-bandy, but Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and Unjustice were some of the best metal albums ever.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

i voted good. they were really interesting when i first started listening to them but i don't really like their newer stuff. i only like the older metallica songs. when i first started to listen to them i downloaded kill em all first, then moved to their next cds chronologically(i always do this) and they just seemed to get slower and slower and relatively boring(which is weird cause i dig tool). after i finally worked my way up to metallica(the cd) i wasn't really interested in them anymore. i only like a few songs off the metallica cd. i admit i haven't listened seriously to their newer songs but the few i've heard didn't catch me like their old songs did.

their songs aren't aging as well as some of the other bands i like(but that's probably just personal preference). my favorite cd of theirs is probably kill em all just because it's so much faster/rawer. i have a tendency to usually like the first or second cd of an artist the most though, it just feels more pure/creative/original.
                    Last edited by pg; March 4, 2003, 11:55.
                    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

They're the only "metal" band I ever liked (though I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between "hard rock" and "metal").

-Arrian, who voted "good"
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I havent listened to any of their stuff after Jason left. Maybe if I don't get sued I'll check it out.
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I voted for they really suck, but I want to explain that. Metallica today really sucks, but Metallica (before the Black album began their spiral into garbage every song sounds the same open 5-7 e minor crap) was really good.
                          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

^ I'll second what BustaMike just said. They used to be good (Black album was their last semi-decent piece of work), they now royally suck, and they ought to just quit already.
                            "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

Where is the '' they used to be THE ultimate metal band until the black album came out and now they just play pop western **** ass music that sucks ass'' choice in your poll?? I vote for that one.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X