"US prepares to use toxic gases in Iraq"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "US prepares to use toxic gases in Iraq"

Oh, the irony, the irony. It hurts so...
    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
    - Lone Star

Every gas is toxic.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      Every gas is toxic.
      Especially after dinner at Burritoville! Phew!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

damn evil yankee hypocrites!
        CSPA

Comment

it's just CS gas and pepper spray. won't kill anybody
          CSPA

Comment

It's just that the Bush admin has managed to create very politically self-detrimental situation by trying to break the Chemical Weapons Convention for practically no real gain.

It's like they were suddenly hit with the idiot stick many, many times.
            "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
            - Lone Star

Comment

If they start dropping those food packets containing peanut butter and chili beans then they don't have to use the toxic gases, the local population will produce them by themselves...
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
                It's like they were suddenly hit with the idiot stick many, many times.
                I think Bush was born with it up his ass...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think Bush is an Iraqi spy whose purpose is to break the US dominance in only 4 years
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    Every gas is toxic.
                    oxygen? wait a sec... I'm only seeing it in an aerobic organism's point of view...
                    :-p

Comment

A special working group of the Federation of American Scientists concluded last month that using even the mildest of these weapons to incapacitate people would kill 9 per cent of them. It added: "Chemical incapacitating weapons are as likely as bullets to cause death."
                      As said above, 'oh the irony'. The USA is planning to use chemical weapons to defeat a nation that they are going to war with because they say that it will use its chemical weapons on others.

I'd like to see the US/pro-war bunch defend this decision.

Professor Julian Perry Robinson, one of the world's foremost authorities on the convention, said: "Legally speaking, Iraq would be totally justified in releasing chemical weapons over the UK if the alliance uses them in Baghdad.
                      Even us the British, the staunchest allies of the USA, are pissed off at this decision. If we're going to war to defeat a dictator who'll use WoMD, we're not going to want to fight alongside a non-dictator who uses WoMD.

The use of chemical weapons by US forces was explicitly banned by President Gerald Ford in 1975 after CS gas had been repeatedly used in Vietnam to smoke out enemy soldiers and then kill them as they ran away.
                      Nothing like a fair fight eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
                        Nothing like a fair fight eh?
                        Are you doubting the America being the Home of the Braves ???
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

heh no. Just for the good guys they do like to fight dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Are you doubting the America being the Home of the Braves ???
                            Unless Atlanta has suddenly been relocated to another country, or the South has seceded yet again, I'd say there's no doubt we are the Home of the Braves.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Unless Atlanta has suddenly been relocated to another country, or the South has seceded yet again, I'd say there's no doubt we are the Home of the Braves.
                              Maybe he was referring to the Native Americans ? Or did they get relocated out of their home and onto some wasteland ? Hang on! I meant move to a nice comfy reservation!

Anyway stop going off topic you slackers, we're discussing the irony of the usage of toxic gas on Iraqis

Comment

Working...
                              X